Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory front disc brakes and I am trying to locate new wheel studs for them. All the auto parts stores I've been to can get them. Just looking for a little advice on maybe just the size or where to get them? The rotors are fine so I don't really wanna spend $200 a piece on new ones. Thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have the factory front disc brakes and I am trying to locate new wheel studs for them. All the auto parts stores I've been to can get them. Just looking for a little advice on maybe just the size or where to get them? The rotors are fine so I don't really wanna spend $200 a piece on new ones. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Rockauto shows rotors for ~55 bucks. The pic shows a modern rotor without studs or bearing surfaces, but I assume it's just a stock pic, and not the actual rotor. (If you pursue these, make sure they fit - they're for dual piston calipers, according to the description.)

Rockauto also offers studs. They have some that are 1½" long, and some that are 2⅛". So measure yours to be sure.

The diameter is 7/16". I think the pitch is 20 tpi. To be sure, you can take a lug nut off and take it to the parts store. They will have a thread checker to verify the pitch.

You'll need a tool kit for pressing the old studs out. You can borrow one of these from the parts store.

The only ones I've ever replaced were on my 1984 Ford Ranger pickup. Seems I was able to do it with the rotor still on the truck, but it's been a while, so my memory's a bit fuzzy :)

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts