Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I noticed the front turn signals are not on when the headlights are on at night. They only come on when the turn signal is activated.

My question is are they supposed to come on when the headlights come on at night?

This is on my dad's 2015 Impala LTZ.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Quick question. I noticed the front turn signals are not on when the headlights are on at night. They only come on when the turn signal is activated.

My question is are they supposed to come on when the headlights come on at night?

This is on my dad's 2015 Impala LTZ.

Thanks
I own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ, purchased new.

The front turn signals only operate when the turn signal switch is activated. There is no "parking or running" light inside the housing the illuminates when the outside lights are on and the turn signal lamp is not operating.

The LTZ model has LED daytime running lights at the bottom - which serve as a "parking or running" light at lower power when the headlights are on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Just caught me by surprise because I found it odd.

His car will soon have LED's in all the exterior lights. Waiting on 1 more to come in and it is good to go.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Just caught me by surprise because I found it odd.

His car will soon have LED's in all the exterior lights. Waiting on 1 more to come in and it is good to go.

What is the purpose of changing all the exterior lights to LED? Why would you replace the HID headlights with LED lights?

·
Registered
296 Posts
What is the purpose of changing all the exterior lights to LED? Why would you replace the HID headlights with LED lights?
only advantage i can see to led's is output color range that you can get with LED other than that light output of LED always seems inferior to me especially when you need light to cover a larger area.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only advantage i can see to led's is output color range that you can get with LED other than that light output of LED always seems inferior to me especially when you need light to cover a larger area.
Lol there is no way I am changing out the headlights to LED. I guess I should have been more clear and said all exterior lighting except the headlights and lower DRL's.

The purpose of changing the other lighting is to have a truer color and for the lighting to be brighter. You shall see.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
So halogen lights put out a false color? How much brighter do you need taillights and turn signals to be?

·
Registered
296 Posts
all my bulbs came very white or atleast as white as the halos. im curious what color your bulbs output. possibly a difference between 15 and 16?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts