Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 95 caprice the right front rattles when you hit a bump but not at all as long as the brakes are applied. Someone said its a loose brake caliper. All bolts are tight, wheel bearings are good, ball joints are tight. How do you fix a loose brake caliper?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
lol.... if all bolts are tight it should not be loose. The brake pads have 2 tabs on the outside that rest on the caliper, these are usually overlooked but they should be bent enough to where they rest on the caliper and have no play. What you might be hearing is the pads moving just enough to create noise and when you apply the brake the slack is taken up, that's why you don't hear the noise when braking. Just a though/something to check.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
On a 95 caprice the right front rattles when you hit a bump but not at all as long as the brakes are applied. Someone said its a loose brake caliper. All bolts are tight, wheel bearings are good, ball joints are tight. How do you fix a loose brake caliper?

If it were part of the suspension it would make noise regardless of the brakes being applied or not. Thats why I said what I did and continue to back my ideas from the limited information provided..... "more likely than not", im correct.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I vote with Angel, brake pads. Links would make noise all the time, brakes applied or not. Besides....waiting on some of these guys is a waste of time, they ask, they get, they....disappear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts