Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to this. I have a 2017 Chevy impala premier and I’ve been trying to remove the front bow tie to replace it with the black one. It’s been a nightmare! All of the diy videos make it look very simple, but it is not at all. Anyone else have this problem ? If so how did you go about removing the emblem? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I did mine I put a real small flat screwdriver behind it and pulled real slow and got mine out from what I hear it’s not a easy job taking out the whole grill B8050D15-AB36-4309-8B1F-47179FCE0868_1528593560877.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've been looking all over for a demo of this. I have a 2015 LTZ.

I was able to push from the back side with my finger enough to slide a plastic card (discount card from grocery store) behind the front badge. Then pried up with a small screw driver. I was then able to get a hold of it with needle nose pliers. I was worried that if I just pulled it off I'd break something so I grabbed an old serrated steak knife and held it out with the pliers so I could cut the tabs. I moved from right to left and had it done in about 5min.

Hope this helps.

My car is a bad mamajamma now!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auxz0ZTT0HyDl-0YiOslbP_ue-FAbg

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts