Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What import cars has everybody raced and beatin? Theres nothing like blowing past them in a 4dr family sedan haha thats supercharged!!! Got to love the blower whine!!!

Jon
04 SS
65 SS Conver 396

M

·
0 Posts
the list of one's i haven't would be easier....lol...just kidding.....i am too old and responsible for that nowadays.... ;)

a fun one for me was a honda s2000.... i thought those were a lot quicker but i was wrong.... we were entering a freeway on ramp at the same time (2 right turn lanes) and the guy looks over at me and hits the throttle. i passed him like he was standing still.

another funny one was a guy in an acura RSX that had all of the stickers, wheels, and coffee can exhaust. it was late. the kid had a another guy and a couple of girls in the car. i had 4 passengers...we were coming home from a concert. my car is loud so he pulls up next to me and starts reving it up. they were all laughing and obviously not paying attention because the light turned green and i launched but he hesitated just long enough to look stupid. lol... he didn't even come close to catching up. i slowed down to let him catch up and they didn't even make eye contact....

the import scene got pretty crazy around here, long before the fast and the furious ruined the scene....lol.... i saw a lot of 3000gt's souped up that would destroy some pretty fast 5.0's.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I personaly hate those "coffee can exhaust systems". Why make a stupid 4 banger sound like a deep V-8? I have always thought that if you want a big V-8 sound the get the V-8. Those coffee cans sound very stupid to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I raced an RSX once and pulled away from him. I just love the reaction i get afterwards, and the dumb question "Is that supercharged?" Yes it is. "I could hear it" then why the f**k did you ask the question. Idiots

Jon
04 SS
65 SS

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I raced an RSX once and pulled away from him. I just love the reaction i get afterwards, and the dumb question "Is that supercharged?" Yes it is. "I could hear it" then why the f**k did you ask the question. Idiots

Jon
04 SS
65 SS
I just tell them that i have a bad PS pump. and an exhaust leak :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yet to race any tuners this year the weather is still a little cold and i guess these kids asking there parents for gas money are at school lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't really race them much in my wife's car,did get to go against a toyota truck the other day though.
Was on my way to my part time @ autobone. Have to rush since I leave work @ Ford at 5pm and have to get home,dressed and at the zone by 530pm.

Pulled up to the light next to a new toyota tundra I think it was. It had the TRD thing on the back of the bed and he inched up a bit when I pulled up.

Light went red,I didn't really think he was gonna do it but he did.
We both took off,I let off a bit when he hit my rear door pretty quick but he kept going so when he got to my door I went to the floor,it downshifted and I was goooonnee.

Being new,and with a TRD(factory) sticker I thought it would have something.
It might have been a tacoma,didn't look big enough to be a tundra but I've never seen a tundra with the TRD sticker.
Who knows-my 5yo 99k SS clone smoked his new truck so I was kinda stoked anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With 2.41 gear I don't run from a standstill but i'm not against a highway run. I've beat ricers, mustangs and camaros and most everything I've run. The only loss is one when I backed off because traffic was getting thick. 150mph in a 78 Caprice on a busy highway isn't exactly fun. That was a turbo Eclipse and we were pretty evenly matched. I do love the look of mustang guys that get left behind by a grocery getter:wink:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I ran with a Acura RL. It was pretty even but I let off at about 120mph, cops frown on that kind of stuff here. Best one was the V12 JAG that handed me my ass on a silver platter!

·
Super Moderator
3,945 Posts
Rice isn't worth the fuel, I find say a spayed LS car a bit more fun. :eek: Much more satisfying to beat an actually fast car.

Couple years ago a new at the time Maxima(I think) started lunging in the left lane along side me, I gave him two blasts from 70-90mph, before they gave up. Just as the passenger window rolled down to ask what the hell just happened my exit came up :biggrin: left them wondering.

There are not many fast ricers around here, motly kids with 16 second cars that think they are fast, floors them to fin out my wagons are 15 second cars STOCK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bustin Ricer BoYZ Balls with the Chevy RWD V-8 ECIRS Gang.

I personaly hate those "coffee can exhaust systems". Why make a stupid 4 banger sound like a deep V-8? I have always thought that if you want a big V-8 sound then get the V-8.

This old V-8 Chevy Hot Rodder always likes bustin on the import crowd.

ENJOY !!!! :hello:
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=1242
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=1241
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=1240

ECIRS Lt1 GM V-8 Chevrolets lining up to drag race.

http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=108
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=107
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=114
http://www.inegma.net/4images/details.php?image_id=749

·
Registered
22 Posts
haha ive had my share of the ricers my car may look like crap but those are the ones that get u :).... ive dusted dodge neon SRTs, hondas, a chrystler 300c, and i raced a camero and a celica gt.............smoked the camero but the celica not so much :mad:........ and also another caprice :eek:!!!!!!!! caprice dude thought he was cool kuz his look wayyy better then mine with the matching red rims and the flowmaster exhaust...was kool till i let him past me and then put it to the floor and dusted his ass :biggrin: saw him the next night.. same street ... but this time he didnt want it :confused:.......... only person i give props too is my friend juan and his sentra SER..... i cant even talk about it =(....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heh... I think the most fun I've ever had with a ricer was not with anything American but with a whole convoy of old VWs... I'd sold my '84 GTI, bone stock except for a TT exhaust and pretty beat looking, to a guy up in Maryland, and at the same time I'd bought an '84 Scirocco. The guy that bought the GTI shows up at my place to do the deal in a pretty nice looking 16V Scirocco, we exchange a small amount of cash, convoy up to his place. He's leading, my girlfriend is in the GTI behind him, and I'm following in my "new" Scirocco. So we end up at a red light, all lined up in the right lane, and some kid in a riced out Civic complete with the big wing, loads of stickers, Folger's can exhaust, etc. pulls up in the left lane. He spots the guy's (bright red) 16V and starts revving his engine, you know what happens next, the 16V just waxes the floor with him. I'm laughing my butt off when I hear the girlie drop a gear and gun it, wouldn't you know, my old GTI still got 'er done. So I don't want to lose them, I punch it in the old 8V Scirocco, and *I PASS HIM TOO.*

Poor ricer, he not only got waxed by a 16V, but a beater GTI and a beater Skyrocket with rattle canned 13" wheels. We were all laughing our asses off when we got to his shop...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been in the middle of restoring mine for about two yrs now, But the last Import I have raced and beat was a 91 Civic W/ H2B swap, (H-series motor W/ B series tranny) Had 3 runs, All from a Dig, B.c Rolls are for fat bitches. I spun til 3rd gear walking past him in the 1st race (just messing around) Then the 2nd race he really wanted to run em, Light turned green, He stalls, So I was being a nice guy so I told him we could go a 3rd time, Light turns green spun in 1st grabbed 2nd seen a cop and just shut it down, he stayed in it, Dont know if he got a ticket or not but I sure wasnt goin to get one, I lost that race, but I saved some cash lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a cop car looking Impala but it only has the 3.4L so I know what kinds of cars to race lol.

In October I was sitting at a stoplight. There was a 2006 Honda Civic hatchback sitting next to me and when the light turned green I took off like I normally do until he started revving all 30HP and gave me a stare like I should race him lol.

So I take off and the whole time he is behind me with his engine sounding like it's about to explode :)

So then we come to another stoplight and same thing happens to him. FINALLY, the third stoplight he says that he was happy he could keep up with a cop car and well.....I said, " Oh no!! This is not a cop car! It just has the 3.4L engine. The smallest engine that come in these." Then I smiled and he well........prolly wanted to kill himself :) Point for AMERICAN :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts