Impala Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm sorry, but crap like this is so unnecessary... People just need to PAY ATTENTION instead of relying on the car to tell you if someone is next to you! The problem is that people starting relying on this stuff instead of just looking themselves! Same with automatic brakes. Maybe it's me, but I don't want my damn car braking for me...

<end rant>
It's not just you

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Svc-Rep I've known for years said there was a revised module(s). Learned that here first tho'!

The DIC keeps scrolling.... "Service Side-Detection System."
"Service Front Camera"
"Service Park Assist"
Good Lord!

I love my 2015 LTZ a lot, but it's sure Bossy!

With our high snowbanks along all the streets here this winter, the rear side-sensors helped a lot! But they don't work now...

I don't have the Radar-Cruise, therefore no auto-braking. If I have it enabled, the Front camera does detect if you're closing too fast on something, the car loudly beeps & flashes the 4 red-lights on lower part of windshield. The Wife's 2014 AWD Turbo-Regal has the Auto-Cruise & the Auto-Braking. She's had no trouble with any of her sensors however.

I never did rely on the sensors very much. They do "Help" however, & should be working!!!

Yes.....I agree. There's fewer "Gear-heads/Enthusiasts" nowadays. Sadly, part of an era is passing................:(:|:sad11::thatswck:
Faron

·
Registered
53 Posts
FWIW I just put in 2 new blind spot sensors in our 14 LTZ from a 2016 GMC Terrain and (knock on wood) the fault went away. We just took a couple hr trip in the car and they seem to be working properly...We'll see if down the road the BCM ever gets angry at the new sensors for not being programmed to the car yet but so far so good. $30 a piece on eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to get my Chevy dealership to take care of this special coverage program for the side impact mirror issue for the last 2.5 months now with no success. I've been told they have the parts and then they don't have the parts and then GM has no idea when they will be sending them parts. Basically a complete BS runaround!! Anybody have this happening to them? If so, how did you get them to complete the job right away?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been trying to get my Chevy dealership to take care of this special coverage program for the side impact mirror issue for the last 2.5 months now with no success. I've been told they have the parts and then they don't have the parts and then GM has no idea when they will be sending them parts. Basically a complete BS runaround!! Anybody have this happening to them? If so, how did you get them to complete the job right away?
The issue really is short supply - not from GM, but from the manufacturer of the module. Took around 7 weeks before I got mine. I only lost one module, but they replaced both - and the new "kit" includes shrouds to keep the environment away from the replacement units, so the failure shouldn't happen again. My dealer (which is excellent) was well-versed on the issue, so the issue was explained fully, and my expectations realistically set. Admittedly, I wasn't prepared for the (nearly) two month delay and had asked others, elsewhere on the forum, what THEIR wait time was like - just to compare notes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts