Impala Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Form = Function

75K views 621 replies 32 participants last post by  ekm1190 
#1 ·
I haven't been on in awhile so I'll try and bring everyone up to date with some bad cell pics lol

1. Replaced neon tube in trunk with blue led strip
2. Removed cats
3. Removed wheel well trim and lowered the car even more, and added the super sport decal
4. bought a set of 91 caprice tails and had them professionally painted with see through candy black paint
5. Bought and installed a set of clear euro style headlights
6. Best girlfriend in the world bought me a new dark blue Chevy emblem for my front grille

That's it for now, i've got a few more upgrades on their way to my house as i'm posting this, can't wait to keep going! All thoughts and opinions are welcome

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks guys, i'm trying to upgrade everything that needs to be beefed up for the track, going to take her out on road courses next season. I had some very successful auto x's, smashing an ls1 Camaro and multiple c4 and c5 vettes. But i've been too worried about over heating issues on a road course setting for this year

#10 ·
Have a few more recent updates. Blacked out the trim around the windows with plasti dip and gloss painted the rear emblem to make it a little more unique. Now i'm looking into new tires, winter is approaching fast (ice on roof in third picture) and i'm gonna need grip!

If you guys want faster updates, feel free to follow me on instagram at ekm1190.

Attachments

#25 ·
Blacked out the trim around the windows with plasti dip
You are talking about the rubber trim correct? Did you use plasti-dip from a spray can? You take the trim off or just tape it up good? What kind of prep did you do? This seems like a really good solution to mine which, are faded badly.

#11 ·
I love your car.......

#12 ·
Dopeness!

#20 ·
#19 ·
Way nicer than any SS I've seen around here.

#21 ·
I see you are from Kokomo, I am just north of you.

#28 ·
^^ Sweet thanks for the info! I think if its warm enough this weekend I am going to do mine. I will probably do a coat of gloss black and a clear over it though.

#30 ·
Nobody works on my car but me! Except for special circumstances like tire changing, welding, or things I dont want to deal with (spark plugs).

#32 ·
Got new tires mounted yesterday, Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR. I went with a wider size on all four corners at 275/40r17. Rides like it's on rails, day and night difference from the balding Kuhmo tires.

Attachments

#33 ·
Any rub at full lock?

#35 ·
How on earth does that work? I mean, great, but how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.