Impala Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 622 Posts

·
Harley fanatic
118 Posts
I see you are from Kokomo, I am just north of you.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Blacked out the trim around the windows with plasti dip
You are talking about the rubber trim correct? Did you use plasti-dip from a spray can? You take the trim off or just tape it up good? What kind of prep did you do? This seems like a really good solution to mine which, are faded badly.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You are talking about the rubber trim correct? Did you use plasti-dip from a spray can? You take the trim off or just tape it up good? What kind of prep did you do? This seems like a really good solution to mine which, are faded badly.
I plasti-dipped the chromed plastic trim around the windows. Prep with plasti dip is VERY easy. Not much you need to do. I prepped around the outside and covered any cracks. Basically planned for anykind of overspray you might have. If you cover the other areas with the 3-4 coats like the trim, you can just cut your lines with a knife and peel it off. I'll post up a video of what I mean when i can.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Sweet thanks for the info! I think if its warm enough this weekend I am going to do mine. I will probably do a coat of gloss black and a clear over it though.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
that'll look good, i'm planning on having mine professionally done once I've got the money

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Nobody works on my car but me! Except for special circumstances like tire changing, welding, or things I dont want to deal with (spark plugs).

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nobody works on my car but me! Except for special circumstances like tire changing, welding, or things I dont want to deal with (spark plugs).
trust me if i knew how to paint I'd be right in there doing it myself.

UPDATE: should be getting new tires within a week or two. looking at either fitting 285's or 275's. Obviously the wider the better but there seems to be a discrepancy regarding the contact patch with a 285 wide wheel on an 8.5" rim.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Got new tires mounted yesterday, Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR. I went with a wider size on all four corners at 275/40r17. Rides like it's on rails, day and night difference from the balding Kuhmo tires.

Attachments

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Any rub at full lock?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
How on earth does that work? I mean, great, but how?

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
something about the tire aspect ratio compared with the front suspension. I don't honestly understand it myself but hey i'm not complaining! :eek:k3:

here's some recent shots of it I took today..
http://flic.kr/p/dpzy2Q

Also did some tire & suspension "testing" today. It was just all in fun but the reality is the tires are glued to the road. And despite how slow it looks, i'm actually pushing it quite hard through the circle.... or as hard as i could with a big gulp in a puny cup holder :lol:

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I like your horn at 0:15 sec. through the video LOL. Looks much SICKER with the smaller side wall, makes the SS wheels look bigger.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
21 - 40 of 622 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.