Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you pick if you had an option Fogs or LED daytime running light option ?

I had the option for my imp. repairs and i picked stock bumper but got DRL's for it to be installed .. good choice or no ? Fogs would have cost me extra probably to get the darn kit installed, stock imp. did not come with fogs.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
thinking about adding led drls with switch back for turn signals to my 2012 but I also have fogs. Had to get one it would be drls leds

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thinking about adding led drls with switch back for turn signals to my 2012 but I also have fogs. Had to get one it would be drls leds
but dont drls look childish on a car or attempt to make the car look like a newer high end models ?:gaah: I dunno if i will like the drls lets see when i get the car back. Leds might not be noticeable much in bright daylight especially 8 leds unless they are really bright. Well 12 V should give enough juice to the leds :wink:

·
Banned
667 Posts
What would you pick if you had an option Fogs or LED daytime running light option ?

I had the option for my imp. repairs and i picked stock bumper but got DRL's for it to be installed .. good choice or no ? Fogs would have cost me extra probably to get the darn kit installed, stock imp. did not come with fogs.
impala 7th gen and up has DRL standard

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
impala 7th gen and up has DRL standard
You mean it wont look that bad on my imp. underneath the headlights where fogs should go on the non foggy bumper.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day running lights are part of the high beam system.
I know the lights are always on during day (i think never noticed) but these leds will go in the bumper on both inserts left and right on the stock bumper. Will see how it pans out have seen i think some users on these forums have drl leds so got the idea from there.

·
Banned
667 Posts
kinda hard to make it look nice though since it uses a smaller lens for the 8th gen.
Leds in the fog lights looks great in the 7th gen .

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
On the 7th gens the DRL uses the highbeam, 8th gen uses low.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the 7th gens the DRL uses the highbeam, 8th gen uses low.
I might have to wire these up on my own the shop refuses to cause of liability :yahoo: . So time to find out where the black and the red cables go is there a relay that one should use for setting up drl leds or just directly hook up to the battery ?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on the 2005 low beams
Hmm.. so anyone here put LED drls on theirs yet so i can steal their wiring schematic:beer:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Led's are not as powerful (lumens) but, the major bonus of led's is the clear "white" light and not yellow as in standard bulbs. Another minus to led's: they don't put out any heat so, they wont melt snow. Some city's/states found this out when converting to led stop lights (yes some state's tried and wasted their money).

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leds i think are only for looks not really much of functionality of those they neither too bright nor much noticeable i believe during day :p. Led traffic lights are good where it don't snow.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just tap into the headlight wire and run them off the headlights
Good point; but for a car tard, i need to know which wire would be -ve i am assuming the black wire and which one would be +ve for the 12 v's I aint got a fancy voltmeter on me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts