Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna add fog lights, but i have no idea what i need. so, help me out guys. i cant find anything that is clear and cut and dry so perhaps i need to get each part sepratley i dont know. i know they usialy change switches on the dash when you add fog lights no?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
What year car and trim level would help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think those inserts come out of the bumper cover dont they? i assumed thats wehere i put fog light inserts.

the right and left side on the bottom have those fins about 15 inches long, thats a panel. i think that comes out no?

have a look at this for example -

the housing appears to be in all bumper covers, just dpeends on the panel i think. i think you can buy a fog light panel.

i think the latest model does that though, their bumper covers look dif.

I think this is what i need and than the switch and the housings for the odg lights and bulbs than.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-CHEVY-IMPALA-BUMPER-FOG-LAMP-CHROME-COVERS-LIGHTS-TRIMS-/300780798511?

pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2009%7CModel%3AImpala&hash=item4607eec22f&vxp=mtr

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
You can buy the trim pieces for the fogs but the actual bumper for foglights has all of the supports for the foglights and a way to snap in the trim pieces

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fog light inserts

I have a 2008 Impala LT.
These say they fit all models. I sent for a pair and I will attempt to put them in. I can always sent them back if they don't work. I know they will need some modification, but I will measure carefully first. Will let you know how it turns out.

Impala1.jpg

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
This has been covered 1000 times on this forum. It will NOT work!!! Those pieces you ordered are NOT where the fog lights themselves mount to. The place where you think they fit on the base bumper is not removable. You'd have to cut them out with a dremel, and the lights still wouldn't have a place to mount to.

If you want to cut up your bumper, and then not have any way to mount the foglights up, that's up to you. Or you can ghetto-rig the shit out of it, but they'll probably just fall out going down the road.

Sorry if I'm coming across like an asshole, it's just that this has been posted here so many times, and doing a little research, you would have found the answer and not wasted your money on the fog bezels that won't fit.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I have a 2008 Impala LT.
These say they fit all models. I sent for a pair and I will attempt to put them in. I can always sent them back if they don't work. I know they will need some modification, but I will measure carefully first. Will let you know how it turns out.
/QUOTE]

Many wish it were that easy.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Geez @RYD - did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?! ;-) Of course you are right, but damn...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Yeah, I guess I did. I've been in a bad mood all day

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
It happens to all of us! :) Was just messin' with ya.

Hope the rest of your day goes better!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
No problem, often we have to find these things out the hard way by not listening to people who have the experience and knowledge. I actually ordered them and then researched the issue. They will take them back, but it will cost shipping fees and maybe restocking. Next time I will listen. Don't think it is worth replacing the whole front to have fog lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts