Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Impala LS. I recently bought new fog light housings with brand new bulbs as my old bulbs were nonfunctional so I took them out months ago. I put my new fogs in and they do not work. I checked relay and it gets power but the fuse does not. The button on the inside doesnt light up with the orange bar like it used to. Any ideas??? Please help!

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Did you try swapping the relay with another? If the fuse is not getting power, it makes me suspect that the relay is no good and not allowing the power to pass through to the fuse and circuit. Hard to know sometimes on these cars though, I spent months tracking down an intermittent blower motor/cruise control inop issue just to determine that it was caused by a faulty ignition switch that wasn't sending the full voltage to the circuit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try swapping the relay with another? If the fuse is not getting power, it makes me suspect that the relay is no good and not allowing the power to pass through to the fuse and circuit. Hard to know sometimes on these cars though, I spent months tracking down an intermittent blower motor/cruise control inop issue just to determine that it was caused by a faulty ignition switch that wasn't sending the full voltage to the circuit.
I found the problem. Since the fog light is a momentary switch, it sends a signal to the BCM and the BCM grounds the fog lights to create a whole circuit and the fog lights turn on. The BCM was misprogrammed so I spliced into the ground wire of the BCM for the fog lights and ran it to a different switch then to a ground. Works like new!

Reactions: sheila
1 - 3 of 3 Posts