Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cucky
662 Posts
depends what you want. louder or a more mellow refined sound? flowmaster is louder, magnaflow is quieter. I personally have flowmasters with the resonator removed and love it. people complain about drone when driving but personally it doesnt bother me and isn't something the radio cant hide. some people are super anal about it the sound though and don't like that

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
check the search there is a thread with different exhaust audio files.
There are also other brands beside these 2, borla, dynomax, etc

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
One man's music is another man's noise.....

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm guessing you have the 3.6? I know the borla sounds good on the v6 camero...

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
I put a brand new flowmaster on my jeep and it rusted out 6 months lster. Keep in mind i live in cali and its always sunny and warm. No reason for it to do that. Put another and the weld on the muffler seam came undone. Magnaflow is just awesome. Better materials etc, put one on my 64 and it sounds awesome and its a nice stainless one

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
A buddy of mine put a 70 series flowmaster on his monte carlo several years ago, within a couple years one of the baffles broke loose and came out the tailpipe. So I would say that combined with everyone else's stories, they probably have a few quality control issues...

Reactions: MixedImpala04

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had good luck with Flowmasters many times over the years without any quality issues.

That said, I would recommend the Magnaflow style muffler for your 3.6L. Chambered mufflers (like Flowmasters) tend to sound great on V8s, but V6s tend to sound like crap with them - whether it's due to the firing order/exhaust pulses or just the lower volume of exhaust, I don't know.

Magnaflows are more traditional fiberglass packed style mufflers and would probably sound awesome with your 3.6L.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would love to add some noise out the rear on my 2006 SS, but don't want to add the inside noise. Wish there was an answer to that problem. Wallacem in Ga.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts