Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting Flowmaster 44's on my 08 SS. If anyone has done this, can you tell me what size openings and the what is placement of the inlet and outlets on the mufflers you bought? Also can someone recommend some nice exhaust tips that have worked on this type of car? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
inlet and outlet are 2.25 with offset cent muffler. i have magnaflow tips on mine, and it sounds great. its got a nice low rumble to it and sounds mean when you get on it. hope that helped

·
Banned
351 Posts
Ive been looking into these Super 44's as well for my 07. I have not yet crawled under the car to look at the offsets on the muffler, but is one end centered and one end offset? Or are both ends offset?

Also, how do you feel about the sound that the mufflers produce? Could you rate how loud they are on a scale of 1-10 both interior and exterior wise? Sorry about the interrogation, just want to make sure that this purchase is right for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I'M glad I found this site, it seems to have great information about our 8th gen impalas, I've been a mymonte.com member since 2003 but their 5.3 section lacks a bit of information...so I joined here, anyway...

I am also looking foward to buy some Flowmaster super 44 to upgrade the original mufflers. The original mufflers are really cheap, Jesus... I bought a 2006 SS a few months ago and the freaking mufflers are rusted like hell...Theres a big hole on top of the drivers side muffler of about 3 inch diameter which I noticed while doing the tire rotation. Seriously what the hell is up with that ?

So yeah I am wondering if anyone had a sound clip of the 5.3 and the Flowmaster super 44's. There is one on youtube but it doesn't sound much aggressive and the other one is sweet (the guy with the tuner) but I think he made a few other modifications on his engine. I am not looking for a refined sound, I want something aggressive. If it was up to me I'd simply remove the mufflers but cops dont like that out here...

What would you guys recommend for a very aggressive sounding LS4 and clips would be nice also.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts