Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking of moving my auto trans to the floor. Contacted Shiftworks and was told it's not that hard. They said to do away with all the crap on the column, just remove the Brake/Transmission shift interlock system solenoid and run the wires direct to the floor shifter. Remove all old linkage and use the linkage from the new floor shifter, if need be to contact them for a new cable with the length and ends. The gear indicator in the dash will no longer work, but could covered pretty easy, why would you need it anyway when there's one on the floor column? He told me Blazer center column would work but to try a buick riveria if posibble. Any one know if this is true? The guy seemed to know his stuff.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Damn i forgot the name of the guy who used to make the trans bracket that lets you keep the stock electronics on the column. He sold the Blazer center console and shifters too. :dunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Completed the change with stock Blazer shifter,linkage,floor bracket and center console. Did not need to change anything, did away with indicator in instrument panel, cut and patched steering column and disconnected the apply brake. The guy your thinking about is named Gary, I met him and bought and traded some parts with him. He still remakes the center consoles and also does plug and play Camaro dashs. I know he's been on this forum in the past but don't know his handle. When I get the Bonnie seats in I'll add pics, probably with in the next week or so. Thanks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
how would this work for an 2006 chevy impala?
Totally different model year... These guys are talking about the 94-96 Chevy Impala SS rear wheel drive B-Body cars. It will be a different process altogether for your 2006 Impala.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts