Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for help/suggestions with others having this problem.... I found this website while trying to figure out why my Fuel Composition % was reading 52% even though I've never run E85 in my tank... I purchased a used 2016 Impala limited from a fleet auction where it sat for maybe a year or so with a dead battery. Soon after driving it around the P0175 cel lit up on my dash which was triggered because my Fuel composition sensor had failed/clogged/oxidized(?)
This caused my long term fuel trims to run up to -30 on both banks. I simply ordered a replacement Fuel composition sensor and changed the oil and this cleared the issue up. I suspect these sensors go bad if fuel sits in the lines for a long time. Might be worth doing this before sending it to the stealership.

·
Registered
'12/'13/'16 Limited LT's
3,466 Posts
Just a heads up for help/suggestions with others having this problem.... I found this website while trying to figure out why my Fuel Composition % was reading 52% even though I've never run E85 in my tank... I purchased a used 2016 Impala limited from a fleet auction where it sat for maybe a year or so with a dead battery. Soon after driving it around the P0175 cel lit up on my dash which was triggered because my Fuel composition sensor had failed/clogged/oxidized(?)
This caused my long term fuel trims to run up to -30 on both banks. I simply ordered a replacement Fuel composition sensor and changed the oil and this cleared the issue up. I suspect these sensors go bad if fuel sits in the lines for a long time. Might be worth doing this before sending it to the stealership.
Where is this sensor located on your '16 Limited?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts