Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery today of my new 2007 Laser Blue Impala SS. It had sat unsold on a dealer's lot in BC until I found it on Autotrader while looking for a 2 year old lease-return Imapala to buy. So, I went to the local GM dealer where I know the owner and arranged to have him bring it to his dealership and I bought it off him with full new car warranty for about $15K under the original sticker. It actually cost me about $4K less than my 2002 Impala did when I bought it 7 years ago. So, that's the back story on how I now have a new 2007 SS.

Beyond the obvious difference of having 100 HP more and a fully loaded leather interior, the first thing that struck me is that the sitting position seems much higher than the 02. The other odd thing about the seating is that the buckets(???) in the new car are actually flatter than the seats in the old car which has 3-across split bench front seat. This may have something to do with not yet having had my fat ass sit in it for hundreds of hours.

I let my 16 year old son take it around the block and instead of commenting on the power, his first observation was that it is noticeabley quieter than the old car. I hadn't really noticed that, as I've always found the 02 a pretty quiet ride.

Also, I can already tell that the Laser Blue is going to be a bitch to keep clean compared to the Sandrift Metallic.

Anyways, that's it for now. I've already gleaned some worthwhile information from this forum and hope to become a regular contirubutor as the years go by.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice

I just took delivery today of my new 2007 Laser Blue Impala SS. It had sat unsold on a dealer's lot in BC until I found it on Autotrader while looking for a 2 year old lease-return Imapala to buy. So, I went to the local GM dealer where I know the owner and arranged to have him bring it to his dealership and I bought it off him with full new car warranty for about $15K under the original sticker. It actually cost me about $4K less than my 2002 Impala did when I bought it 7 years ago. So, that's the back story on how I now have a new 2007 SS.

Beyond the obvious difference of having 100 HP more and a fully loaded leather interior, the first thing that struck me is that the sitting position seems much higher than the 02. The other odd thing about the seating is that the buckets(???) in the new car are actually flatter than the seats in the old car which has 3-across split bench front seat. This may have something to do with not yet having had my fat ass sit in it for hundreds of hours.

I let my 16 year old son take it around the block and instead of commenting on the power, his first observation was that it is noticeabley quieter than the old car. I hadn't really noticed that, as I've always found the 02 a pretty quiet ride.

Also, I can already tell that the Laser Blue is going to be a bitch to keep clean compared to the Sandrift Metallic.

Anyways, that's it for now. I've already gleaned some worthwhile information from this forum and hope to become a regular contirubutor as the years go by.
:cool:You may have a leaver on the side of you seat where this will allow you to pump up the drive side seat, won't seem so flat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
odd that you say that about the seats, I just went from an '05 with bench to an '08 with buckets, seems to me that the '08 gives a lower seating position although still too high. Why is it that GM makes you sit way up high and also puts the steering wheel too far away from you? (or else you push the seat forward and end up with your legs all folded up) lack of telescoping wheel in the Impala kinda sucks, too, they have it on the Malibu...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
well idk but i would take the blue one over any color ive seen it might be harder to take care of but u will def get noticed more ..... and i heard a 06 or 07 the other day and it still sounded like a coffe can ricer so maybe its good that yours is quiet or u jsut need a better exhaust than that guy had:eek::biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cool:You may have a leaver on the side of you seat where this will allow you to pump up the drive side seat, won't seem so flat.
I found the inflatable lumbar lever (which seems really odd BTW - it reminds me of my brother's old mid-80's Plymouth Laser than had a bulb you squeezed to inflate the lumbar support) and found that I prefer it with it deflated all the way. I think I'm going to put my faith in the seat settling in to suit my ass after putting on enough miles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I found the inflatable lumbar lever (which seems really odd BTW - it reminds me of my brother's old mid-80's Plymouth Laser than had a bulb you squeezed to inflate the lumbar support) and found that I prefer it with it deflated all the way. I think I'm going to put my faith in the seat settling in to suit my ass after putting on enough miles.
I found out later with my fat ass the pump up was the way to go:biggrin: with this seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts