Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually clean, polish and seal our cars myself but lately I've got a lot more lazy about it. The Impala is in need of some paint correction and I'd also like to try a ceramic job.
I came across a local guy that details and does ceramic jobs, the pics of the cars he has done look great so I figured I'd let him do something on the Impala.
I dropped it off today and he is going to do paint correction then apply Element 119 System X Crystal ceramic coating then apply Glassparency to the windshield and clean the interior.
Cost is $650 which is a little more than I'd like to spend but it will be worth it if it comes out looking flawless. He told me if I get a scratch or swirl or something to bring it back in and he will polish it out and recoat the panel for free.

He just sent me this a couple hours after I dropped it off at 6 tonight

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: plano-doug

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went and picked it up. It looks so flawless and it is smoother than I ever got it with my Griots polisher. Loving it.

The guy gave me a free bottle of his Gloss Boss Gloss Sauce that he uses after washing and during drying to keep up with it.

I am going to take my truck to have him do it in a couple of weeks and he said he'd do it for $200 less since I just had the car done.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Looks great. Probably more mirror like finish than it had new. Our black 2012 needs a polishing in a bad way, but 1/4 mile gravel drive and another mile of tar and chip to get to the highway has me with little motivation for a car that will inevitably be coated in dust all over again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never heard of this, your impala looks phenomenal. My black 07 could use a good detail and I don't feel like buying the equipment to do it myself. Going to look in my area for this. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Washed the car this afternoon and it was noticeably easier since it was so slick and hardly any dirt stuck to it except the top sides. Only thing I noticed was the hood didn't seem to bead so much.
I was in the process of drying it and finished the top sides when it started to rain :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts