Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finially moved from GA back to FL, my home born and raised.
Went and picked up my wagon on March 25,09 and it was cool to finially see it in person.

Its a mess but its got some potential. There are alot more pictures on my cardomain site or my Raw Custumz link listed below.
Floors are in real good shape. But rockers and qtrs are a different story but I expected that because he told me before I bought it.
It is drivable but right now having a problem keeping it running when I let off the gas to slow down. Working on a tune up right now and a carb rebuild.
Where do I get a repair manual or a build manual for this car?
Does haynes or chiltons make one or does someone have a link to where I can purchase something??

I have already torn the carpet out, removed the aftermarket ac box(it wasnt working) and also remove part of the headliner and visors because they were in my field of view. Cleaning out the back I found another ac unit, 2 what look like to be front springs and 2 spare tires.
Also, they didnt make any Impala Wagons as SS's right? Someone put an Impala SS badge on the back.

Oh yeah and you got to love the paint to, someone used a brush and some kind of paint on the exterior. lol Guess this would be some kind of rat wagon!

My main objective first is to get it back to being an auto on the column with a TH350 and get it running smooth with a complete tune up then we will go from there.
I have ordered a bunch of catalogs for parts but really need to get some kind of repair manual so any help would be great
Thanks for your time and help
Bernie

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
nice wagon i like the picture of it w the surfboard on top im from colorado so that makes me wanna surf and see the ocean again lol,,...... to bad you sold ur ss u would have a nice fleet....... shes looks like a nice project :biggrin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice wagon i like the picture of it w the surfboard on top im from colorado so that makes me wanna surf and see the ocean again lol,,...... to bad you sold ur ss u would have a nice fleet....... shes looks like a nice project :biggrin:
Was that avatar pic taken at ATL speed way?
I rolled w/ INC for a short min. Most of the guys are cool but one ruined it for me. I was on NAISSO and IMPALASSforums.com for a while under 1RAWSS.
Thanks for looking
Later
bernie

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea it prob was im a new member and the only registered member in colorado so that makes me the colorado I.N.C pres

sry that the guy rined it for u how did he do that u always get an asshole in tha bunch :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it prob was im a new member and the only registered member in colorado so that makes me the colorado I.N.C pres

sry that the guy rined it for u how did he do that u always get an asshole in tha bunch :eek:
I dont want to talk smack so I will just leave it at that. I dont hang around them anymore so its just in the past.
But most of the guys are super cool so enjoy it.
Later
Bernie

·
Registered
624 Posts
so coo lhad some 62 wagons back in the day (early 70's) used them for a winter beater while i was doing my chevelle,wish id had them now .....

·
Banned
351 Posts
That looks like it will be a lot of fun to restore... Some resto projects are more of a pain in the a$$, but I can see having fun with that one. Nice find and goodluck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
oh man so sweet!!!

do you or anyone here have a gas tank for the wagon? i have a 64 impala wagon and can not for the life of me find a tank. they are different then the 2 door and 4door cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So...

Any progress on the wagon? :smile:
Yeah man
Went from a 4spd manual to a TH350 auto
Just swapped the 283 for a 350sb
stripped alot of the interior trim to start redoing it
made a center consol for my flip out Pioneer

Really just trying to get it running and reliable than exhaust than brakes, disc all the way around.
After those two most important parts than I think I will start trying to fix up the body on it
Thanks for checking in
Bernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts