Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fit was tighter than I anticipated... you have to twist the bulb in part of the way, and then finagle the harness into position and lock it in. Then you can finish twisting the bulb into place in the headlamp. Dust covers went back on with no issues. So while the fit wasn't as perfect as I thought, these particular bulbs fit into the factory headlamps with no issues. Next pictures and impressions will come when I can drive it at night. So far, so good.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Finally! Something that will actually fit without a bunch of drama.
:icon_cheers:

If the light beam is tight and the throw is good, I'm on board for a set of these. :)

What is the UPC or P/N for the kit you bought?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally! Something that will actually fit without a bunch of drama.
:icon_cheers:

If the light beam is tight and the throw is good, I'm on board for a set of these. :)

What is the UPC or P/N for the kit you bought?
Here is an auction number for Ebay... 113738985090

If that doesn't work, just Ebay search BPS lighting and you'll see the auction come up for H11 bulbs. They also have a website, www.bpslighting.com

I will get evening pics tomorrow night since I won't be done work until between 8 and 830. I went to Sonic last night at dusk so I couldn't really tell how good they were. So far what I can say is that while the base is not adjustable, these will be clocked at the 3 and 9 positions in the housing. They did fit well, with the only exception being that you have to finagle the harness into place in the middle of twisting the bulb in place, if that makes any sense. Pics and more review after tomorrow night.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some pics... 1st one is dusk, no foglights. 2nd one is dusk, both low beams and foglights, the last 2 are almost dark, both fogs and lows. I like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Some pics... 1st one is dusk, no foglights. 2nd one is dusk, both low beams and foglights, the last 2 are almost dark, both fogs and lows. I like them.
How about taking a pic of the low beam cutoff pattern when you get a chance? I always find a shot of the pattern shown on a wall from about 20 feet to be most telling when it comes to headlight conversions.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How about taking a pic of the low beam cutoff pattern when you get a chance? I always find a shot of the pattern shown on a wall from about 20 feet to be most telling when it comes to headlight conversions.
5 feet or so from the garage door...

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am now returning the 2nd pair of H11 bulbs I got from Super Bright LEDs. The static in the FM radio is getting on my nerves. I need FM radio because I need severe weather alerts... pesky tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings are always a good thing. While I do find myself streaming you tube or playing the iPod more than radio, when I see the clouds turning angry grey, shit's about to get real!

I noticed the additional static after installing the bulbs but couldn't add one plus one there. It was after I pulled the lowbeams and sent them back, with the stock halogens back in place, that I noticed the static with the fogs. I turned them on while listening to the radio and the static was bad. So once I am refunded for these bulbs, I am going to order another set from BPS and pop them in. Hopefully these pics and my opinion will help someone who might be contemplating going LED. Two other things worth mentioning... I have not once yet been flashed for glare and I have noticed that the LEDs do not flicker when the stereo system is cranking. This is most likely because the LEDs draw less current. Again, I am no expert on LED lighting and car headlamps, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am now returning the 2nd pair of H11 bulbs I got from Super Bright LEDs. The static in the FM radio is getting on my nerves. I need FM radio because I need severe weather alerts... pesky tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings are always a good thing. While I do find myself streaming you tube or playing the iPod more than radio, when I see the clouds turning angry grey, shit's about to get real!

I noticed the additional static after installing the bulbs but couldn't add one plus one there. It was after I pulled the lowbeams and sent them back, with the stock halogens back in place, that I noticed the static with the fogs. I turned them on while listening to the radio and the static was bad. So once I am refunded for these bulbs, I am going to order another set from BPS and pop them in. Hopefully these pics and my opinion will help someone who might be contemplating going LED. Two other things worth mentioning... I have not once yet been flashed for glare and I have noticed that the LEDs do not flicker when the stereo system is cranking. This is most likely because the LEDs draw less current. Again, I am no expert on LED lighting and car headlamps, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I'm sold! Just ordered 3 pair.:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I found these BPS Lighting Perfect Fit LED's on Amazon for about $50 per kit.

Not the fastest shipping, but I'm not in a rush to get them, and I had some Amazon Prime points to apply, which further sweetened the deal.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm sold! Just ordered 3 pair.:)
Sweet! Please post your opinion on them. I boxed and sent the fogs back yesterday. Gonna order from BPS once I am refunded.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one more (probably dumb) question for anybody listening. I have a 2008 Impala LT 3.5 Flex. My understanding is the low beams are H11 and the high beams are H9, and they are similar in everything except the lip on the bulb attachment point.

The BPS kit says H11/H9/H8. This will fit the highs and the lows?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have one more (probably dumb) question for anybody listening. I have a 2008 Impala LT 3.5 Flex. My understanding is the low beams are H11 and the high beams are H9, and they are similar in everything except the lip on the bulb attachment point.

The BPS kit says H11/H9/H8. This will fit the highs and the lows?
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding of H9/H11 interchangeability ...

The large mounting key of an older H9 was smaller than that of an H11, so an H11 wouldn't fit in an older H9 socket. The keys on newer H9's are the same as H11's, so I believe they will cross-mount in newer housings.

EDIT:
Just discovered that there's an additional key inside the H11 bulb socket too. Presumably, the H11/H9/H8 bulbs do not have this key.

·
Registered
343 Posts

BPS Lighting contacted me to confirm that I had ordered the correct model LED's prior to shipping, and we're now all squared away ...

Thank you for providing your information.
Our records show that you have purchased the correct bulbs for your vehicle :)
Please be advise that if you run in any technical issue, feel free to contact-us at anytime.
Our technical team as a lot of experience with any type of installation and vehicles.
Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with this transaction. If this is not the case, we would appreciate it if you would give us a chance to address your concerns BEFORE leaving feedback.
We will make things right.
Thank you for the BPS Lighting Team !

It was refreshing to see a company being PROACTIVE for a change. I don't see this often enough these days.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
BPS Lighting contacted me to confirm that I had ordered the correct model LED's prior to shipping, and we're now all squared away ...

Thank you for providing your information.
Our records show that you have purchased the correct bulbs for your vehicle :)
Please be advise that if you run in any technical issue, feel free to contact-us at anytime.
Our technical team as a lot of experience with any type of installation and vehicles.
Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with this transaction. If this is not the case, we would appreciate it if you would give us a chance to address your concerns BEFORE leaving feedback.
We will make things right.
Thank you for the BPS Lighting Team !

It was refreshing to see a company being PROACTIVE for a change. I don't see this often enough these days.
They did that for me when I ordered from them on Ebay. I just got refunded for the 2nd set of bulbs I returned to Superbrightleds and I am ordering another set from BPS. Going to go through Amazon like you since they are considerably cheaper and I don't need them that fast.

·
Registered
343 Posts
They did that for me when I ordered from them on Ebay. I just got refunded for the 2nd set of bulbs I returned to Superbrightleds and I am ordering another set from BPS. Going to go through Amazon like you since they are considerably cheaper and I don't need them that fast.

I ordered through Amazon because the price was so good AND because I wasn't in a hurry to receive the order, because I've been doing quite a bit of work-related travel lately.

As it turned out, Amazon's estimated delivery date was extremely pessimistic. The very next day after I responded to BPS Lighting's inquiry, DHL attempted delivery. All the way from Quebec to Phoenix, AZ in a single day. Wow!

Unfortunately, I'm away from home until the end of the week, so DHL returned the package to their depot because no one was home to accept delivery. Crap!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I ordered through Amazon because the price was so good AND because I wasn't in a hurry to receive the order, because I've been doing quite a bit of work-related travel lately.

As it turned out, Amazon's estimated delivery date was extremely pessimistic. The very next day after I responded to BPS Lighting's inquiry, DHL attempted delivery. All the way from Quebec to Phoenix, AZ in a single day. Wow!

Unfortunately, I'm away from home until the end of the week, so DHL returned the package to their depot because no one was home to accept delivery. Crap!
You can go online and trace the shipment... you can mark the delivery as signature release and instruct them where to place the package. Marking the shipment signature release will release DHL from any liability, so keep that in mind. Having said that, I released my first set of bulbs and they left the package next to my front door. You can also instruct them to hold the package and attempt delivery on a day when you know someone will be home to sign for it. They ship incredibly fast and I noticed that the Amazon link is actually BPS, not a 3rd party vendor.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You can go online and trace the shipment... you can mark the delivery as signature release and instruct them where to place the package. Marking the shipment signature release will release DHL from any liability, so keep that in mind. Having said that, I released my first set of bulbs and they left the package next to my front door. You can also instruct them to hold the package and attempt delivery on a day when you know someone will be home to sign for it. They ship incredibly fast and I noticed that the Amazon link is actually BPS, not a 3rd party vendor.
DHL attempted delivery again yesterday. No one was home, as usual. I presumed they would make a 3rd attempt delivery today, which would have worked out perfectly because my wife is home on Fridays. But I discovered this morning that DHL put a hold on it after their second attempt. I think FedEx and UPS typically make 3 tries before putting a hold on a delivery, so I'm not especially happy about that. I'm also not too happy about the fact that no door tag was left after either attempt. I wouldn't know about the delivery attempts if I hadn't been checking at Amazon.

It seems that it's a good thing I wasn't in a rush to have the LED's. I called DHL and tried to arrange to have them drop off my package today while my wife is home, but was told that Monday would now be the earliest it could be delivered. Since, no one will be home on Monday, I authorized release without a signature, so they'll just leave it at the door. Also, during my conversation with the DHL rep, I discovered that they had the wrong contact number for me, as well. I don't know where on earth they got that contact number, but it wasn't even my area code.

Thankfully, everything is squared away now. The package will be delivered Monday. I'm on another flight out early Monday morning, returning home on a red-eye Wednesday night, but at least the LED's should be waiting for me after that trip.

Finally, I don't mean this to sound like a complaint about DHL in general. They were quick to get the package to Phoenix, and did attempt delivery twice. It's just that I received no notification that attempts would be made, and they didn't leave a door tag in this case.

:bang:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Interesting, because when I bought from them on eBay, I got a text from DHL with the tracking number. It was when I ran the tracking number that I saw it was the bulbs. Never received anything from DHL before so I was kinda stumped at first. When I tracked the delivery, that was when I saw they would require a signature and opted to do the signature release.

They should have left you a notice on the door. UPS is required to leave an Infonotice when the package isn't delivered for whatever reason, up to 3 attempts. Anyway, glad you got it worked out and I am curious to hear your opinion on the bulbs. I ordered my fogs yesterday and they sent me a follow up email verifying the vehicle information before shipping. Hoping they ship Monday and I have them Wednesday-ish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I took the plunge based on what I've been reading from you guys here and I have to say I am VERY happy with what came of it.

I ordered them through Amazon on Thursday, because the price was amazing.

The estimated delivery put it somewhere around the 7th to the 17th. I was in no rush so this was no issue for me.

DHL actually delivered them Saturday.

I installed them yesterday, which was a breeze. Lightly placing the harness in before twisting the bulb in as recommended in an earlier post was exactly what was needed, at least for me on the driver side. Passenger side didn't need that to happen.

Also...these will also plug in and fit the high beam slot as well with no modification to the bulb or the housing being needed. The socket on the bulb doesn't have any tabs and the mounting tabs lined up perfectly. Might order another set for high beam applications.

Definitely a bulb worth purchasing, and I would have had no issue waiting as long as Amazon had suggested.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I took the plunge based on what I've been reading from you guys here and I have to say I am VERY happy with what came of it.

I ordered them through Amazon on Thursday, because the price was amazing.

The estimated delivery put it somewhere around the 7th to the 17th. I was in no rush so this was no issue for me.

DHL actually delivered them Saturday.

I installed them yesterday, which was a breeze. Lightly placing the harness in before twisting the bulb in as recommended in an earlier post was exactly what was needed, at least for me on the driver side. Passenger side didn't need that to happen.

Also...these will also plug in and fit the high beam slot as well with no modification to the bulb or the housing being needed. The socket on the bulb doesn't have any tabs and the mounting tabs lined up perfectly. Might order another set for high beam applications.

Definitely a bulb worth purchasing, and I would have had no issue waiting as long as Amazon had suggested.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

What are your thoughts on the light output and beam pattern? I am content with it and am just curious to what you and Tesla think. My fog lamp bulbs will be here tomorrow and I will be set. I am not doing the high beams right now since it is rare for me to use them.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts