Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys and gals,

A little about myself and my cars first I guess....I am 27 years old had race cars , street cars , and everything in between...In fact last year I bought and sold 7 cars ( on a side note the wife was not happy about this....lol) But I have had a 89 mustang since I was 16....and one of my good friends has had a 96 SS since he was 16....well my mustang has gotten turned into a "street"/race car over the years and although it hauls ass (10.78 motor/ 10.01 Gas...so close to the 9's) it has become a pain in the butt to drive on the street...But I havent found the heart to sell it....Well me and my friend decided to trade the mustang for the 96 SS with a no sale clause in the reciept...the only way he can get rid of it is trade it back to me for his Impala....lol. But for now I am in the 96 SS and I couldnt be happier....383,built 4l60 with 3000 convetor and a 9" rear....thats right..a big bad 9". As it sits right now it only needs a set of wheels.....20's....and a few interior parts that need to be fixed and replaced ...oh and I will be installing some HID headlights and as soon as I get some funds together I already have a twin turbo kit lined up to put on the 383........Oh..and its still got AC.....I will get some pics up soon as I finally get it washed and waxed....

·
Registered
358 Posts
hello & welcome 2 the site!! good luck with the ss!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello & welcome 2 the site!! good luck with the ss!!
Thanks

Are you sure that your 96 SS has a 383?
Positive.....I was there when my buddy was throwing this motor together. I saw everything that went in it.......
Its a common swap
Yeah it really makes these cars come alive.....I have been in this car as a passenger (before I owned it) and seen with my own two eyes it put a fender on a cammed 06 vette....And that was all motor....it was built for a pretty healthy dose of the dope (nitrous) but was never installed..........till now...lol. I installed a 100 shot till I can figure out how to put some boost on it. I am afraid that the compression is already to high so I have to do a compression test first and if its where my buddy said it should be then I am just gonna buy a serious nitrous kit and a set of slicks and see what this boat can do in the 1/4.......

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welcome to the forum

the 383:biggrin: yup ill prob be puttin one in my 95 when my lt1 ( knock on wood ) gives up welcome to the forum youll find all the answers u need here :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 383:biggrin: yup ill prob be puttin one in my 95 when my lt1 ( knock on wood ) gives up welcome to the forum youll find all the answers u need here :cool:
Thanks

Still doing a little research on wheels...I saw a car in somebody's sig that looked awesome...trying to find out what kind of wheels they are....I find it again one of these days.....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts