Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have everything I need to do my own oil changes now, the amount of clunks and weirdness in the low gear shifts, intermittent p0700 engine light, and the clunks and general "land yacht" feel of the ride of late on bumps are almost certainly beyond my meager mechanical skill set. Hopefully between the certified drivetrain warranty and the expected additional round of COVID economic assistance, I can get my 2016 LT Limited back to good driving condition.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dropped it off and am pleasantly surprised at the initial cost estimate. The estimate just to check out the trans issues, suspension issues, and whirring sound when braking issues was only $138. I think that is quite reasonable considering they get like $100 an hour. Now fingers crossed hoping what they find is either cheap to fix, or is covered by the drivetrain warranty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news and bad news. Good news is it does need a new trans temp gauge that IS covered under the certified Warranty. Would have been $1900 otherwise, I guess because of the gauge being inside the transmission.
The bad news is that the steering gear is leaking fluid badly and a tie rod is going bad. Some labor cost savings since they are both in the same location, but that is going to be $1800. Which is a good chunk out of the "supposedly" impending stimulus money.
For the whirring noise, one front pad is worn in a groove that makes noise, but the pad is still perfectly workable for a while longer. So will wait until the front pads and rotors actually need to be changed out in another year or so.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the trans temp gauge is integrated so under the warranty I got a brand new TCM and a free fluid change. Almost makes up for the $$$ hit on the tie rod and steering gear work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts