Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the lack of a Catalytic Converter negatively or positively effect the performance of my L05?

Also I want to put a different muffler on the Cruiser and wondered what would provide a decent throaty sound without being obnoxiously loud and without breaking the bank.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Might foresee an issue with back pressure or lack there of. Depends on what your motor is pumping out....more RWHP would not be afftected much, hell it would actually help. Stock motor might see a diff. in low end.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other inpute?

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's against several federal emissions laws.

I don't think you would see any sort of performance gain/detriment. If you want something that sounds loud, for cheap, take the mufflers off, run a cat and full length pipe. It'll be loud, but it won't likely sound very 'tuned'.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want loud.

I want throaty and mellow and sounding better than stock.

As far as the cat, it was a hypothetical incase someone accidently removed it.:wink:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I am on my 3rd exh. set up. I am finally happy with it, I have 2 1/2 pipe,X pipe and flowmaster super 40 mufflers with resonator delete. The super 40's alone will do it for you. It gives a very LIGHT sound at idle and even at cruising speed but makes a growwwwwwllllllllll when given a decent load from a heavy foot. Best part would be there is NO harmonics inside the car to rattle your brain with with bass/drone from the mufflers from most mufflers out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts