Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got A 2001 Ls And Sometime When I Drive It Feels Like The Engine Is Jerking. But Its Doesnt Do This All The Time. I Had My Tranny Fluid Chanded And A New Filter Thinking It Might Be The Problem, But It Wasnt. So Im Under The Hood And I Noticed That When I Lean On The Car And It Rocks Back Then Comes Back Forward The Engine Rocks A Little Bit And The Only Thing I Can Think It Is The Motor Mounts Are Bad.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If you are seeing the engine move that easy then yes you have a problem with the motor mounts. Hopefully just needing to change them, I have seen broken mounts and even a cracked transmission where the mount bolts to.

Front wheel drives are bad about binding the CV joints (which will cause the jerking sensation) when there is a bad motor or tranny mount. If they bind hard enough they can break the joints.

·
Banned
117 Posts
CV joints may be your next step.I am thinking that my CV joints may be a tad bit worn myself.Esp being a ex-Cop car :redface:

My tranny was replaced @ 80K+ miles,however i don't think anything else was replaced as far as CV joints and what not.

Keep us updated on what fixed your problem please.To many times people post threads on some issue they are having,but yet never post an update on what may have cured it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts