Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, If anyone has insight for this 2008 Impala... I was trying to narrow down a stuck fan noise (and a battery drain). Removed 3 out of 5 fan fuses and the noise continues. The last two are tricky. When I find it, was thinking of just removing the fuse from the problematic fan component and avoid the expensive repair. Fan fuses 30 and 30 below (denoted in red) don't seem as readily removable as the first 3 I removed; the green check marked fuses in the fan fuse row. Is there a special trick to their removal (the purple fuses)? Or are they related to engine cooling and should not be messed with? Can find little online on these fuses. Thanks!
Gas Technology Machine Games Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it. I do have a fan that is stuck and makes a jackhammer noise with or without keys in the ignition (louder the more charged the battery is, implying battery drain when parked for a bit). What is the best way to "find out which one it is and properly deal with it"? Is the fuse narrowing the way to go, but only temporarily leaving one out?'
Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts