Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, I posted a link to 7th gen covers from the same seller in my first post! They make them for 8th gen too. These covers are an absolute bargain IMO.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys. I am anticipating they hold up well. They don't feel cheap and the finish does not seem likely to scratch easily. They are thin (they need to be) , but not cheap feeling.

They were also simple to install. Clean pillars with glass cleaner, let dry 5 minutes, clean with the supplied alcohol pads, install. One of the best $37 bucks I have ever spent. I actually had the %^&&* pillars painted at the Cadillac dealer when I bought the car because they were scratched. That paint lasted about 3 years and then faded. So, then I painted them myself, and did a B to B- job and lived with that, until they also faded, again, after another 3 years. Since then I have been applying trim shine to the pillars, which is a PITA and gets messed up when they are touched. These black covers are the bomb.

The pillars have been a sore spot for me as they were the only part of the car that actually looked its age (11 years old). Now the pillars look as good as the rest!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I got a nasty looking scratch on one of mindd. when I waxed it, some wax got on it and filled the thing, so it looks even worse now. My car's due for another wash too... the snow left it looking like crap B/

·
Impalaforums.com
3,526 Posts
Looks good. Im thinkin of doing mine after I get my tint. Mine are not really faded but they will be noticable with new tint. Them almost look like the window just keeps going and there is no pilar, especially if you have tint. I think some 20% and some of them will be just about what I need.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I totally agree Stephen.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Has anyone has bought them for the 8th gen Impala? If so can you post pics?

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
That's a good thing it doesn't cover that.....it's the 3rd window. That thick black around the 3rd window is painted because the plastic inside goes over it.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Well, I personally wouldn't call that a "large curve"..... It may be that then, but I would consider that as part of the triangle. Then again, I don't make the damn things.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Lol, thanks for the info though i'm just going to order them if it don't fit right i'm going to return them.

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
That looks fantastic! I will have to look into getting those...:eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Oh I get it, cause this is what I though they meant:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3444/1001/33608000049_large.jpg
Has you can see the back one is not completely cover.
You should contact them vefore buying, they are really responsive. I do think, possibly, you are correct. Reason is the curved part would require that the product be 3D like, versus flat, because the curved part tapers. The curve is not the issue. The tapering may be. That may be the reasoning. Again, no idea, but they are a great seller and are responsive.

21 - 40 of 211 Posts