Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have faded B-Pillars? Hate the idea of chrome overlays (like me)? Here is another potential solution. They have them for both 7th and 8th gens. I know there have been a lot of posts in the past re: complaints about fading B pillars. Hopefully this helps ......

I just ordered a set for our 01 Caddy. I have been looking for black overlays for a while and just learned about these from another site. Historically, all I could find was chrome, stainless, or CF. I will report back on quality when they arrive.

00-05 Chevrolet Impala BLACK B-Pillar covers ss post window trim glossy piano | eBay

Reactions: MercuryMax

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't worry Matt, I will be sure to take pictures.... though, depending on the directions, I may have to wait till it gets a little warmer.

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
I wonder if they will oxidize easily, or if they will be fairly resistant to that. That is my experience with shiny surfaces not covered in clearcoat is that they get that rainbow effect from oxidization. That has yet to be seen of course. If they stay clean, I may have to pick up a set.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they last 2 years I will be happy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow thats pretty cool. I just painted mine though. Cant wait to see them.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely post pics.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I hate the chrome- there's a "queens car" at school that has dents ALL OVER with 'em on and I hate the look. Mine are getting a little nasty, but the rear quarter-wiindows have that plastic around them and it looks like I have actual Dry-rot or something... looking for something for that too...

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They arrived last week. Installed earlier today. But, I am going on vacation. I will post pics later next week. They are great. Worth every penny.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
south bend indiana. national studebaker museum, national college football hall of fame, very old notre dame churches, notre dame campus, and some kind of chocolate factory tour that my wife found. headed there in the morning, to return late monday.

Then, I'm taking tuesday off to go to the largest indoor go kart park in michigan with my son. Then, back to the grind on wednesday and half of the day on thursday, then headed out to a church mens retreat thursday afternoon through sunday. so, basically, working a day and a half this coming week.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
south bend indiana. national studebaker museum, national college football hall of fame, very old notre dame churches, notre dame campus, and some kind of chocolate factory tour that my wife found. headed there in the morning, to return late monday.

Then, I'm taking tuesday off to go to the largest indoor go kart park in michigan with my son. Then, back to the grind on wednesday and half of the day on thursday, then headed out to a church mens retreat thursday afternoon through sunday. so, basically, working a day and a half this coming week.

....your week officially kick's my week's ass.... lol my brother in high school has the week off and I got class every day but friday... B/ have fun though- looks like a lot of cool stuff

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts

Very cool! Have a fun week! I'd LOVE to go to that go-kart park!:eek:k3:
Can't wait to see pics of those pillars!!

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here are some before, half completed, and completed photos. EASY to install, great seller (fast), superb fit. I 100% recommend!

1 - 20 of 211 Posts