Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 lt2 with the bigger screen. Does anyone notice that when you turn you radio up it almost seems like the bass turns down a little by itself to protect the speakers or something? I did not really notice this until i added sub woofers in the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It does decrease the bass as volume increases. You'll need something like this to try and offset it. That gadget does help (I have one in my Impala) but it's not as good as bypassing the factory amp altogether.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This may be some form of "auto-loudness." As volume decreases, it becomes harder for the human ear to perceive lower frequencies. This was the reason older stereos had a "loudness" button. It was supposed to be engaged at low volume to boost the bass, but most people just left it on all the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AudioControl makes a series of interfaces that can counter the issue. The LC2 is a two channel version for pulling low-level bass corrected signal to feed external amps. I use an LC7 in my car to reassemble the entire signal, bass correct it and then feed my external amplifiers. The LC2 is fine if you just want to pull signal for the subs and it's a bargain for how well it works.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure if the lt comes with a factory amp since i don't have rear deck speakers
It'll have a factory amp. My LS came with the most basic audio package (no rear deck speakers as well) and it still has a factory amp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts