Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I am new to this forum as you can tell. I just purchased a used 2006 Impala LS with 120,000km with base factory speakers, of course these needed to be upgraded. I wanted something that had nice bass without adding a sub woofer. I went out this past weekend and purchased 2 6 1/2 inch and 2 6x9 MTX TDX for the doors and the rear I wanted to keep the factory deck so the guy at future shop recommended the LC2i line converter and I currently have a 250W Apline amp. now my questions is how do i hookup this setup I kind of have an idea but i want to make sure i am right before I do anything.

Fish power wire from battery to line converter(does there need to be a fuse of some type so i don't blow the converter?)

Install ground cable

Take audio cables from speakers and plug into line converter (GTO enabled so I shouldn't need a remote wire to tell the converter to turn on?)

RCA from converter to amp.

basic amp hookup fish power wire, hookup ground wire, add RCA cables and connect speakers.

could someone please let me know if going to do something wrong or does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am using a stock deck and i was wondering how i should setup my remote wire? I figured out most questions above by looking on many forums. I will need to take out the rear speaker wires and connect to the LC2i and then RCA to amp then connect speakers I just want to figure out the remote wire part specific to 2006 Impala LS

thanks

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey quick question. I removed the rear right speakers and the wires are blue and green... which one is pos?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
That, I am unsure of since mine is a 2002 with bose, the wire color changes on the output side of the amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I wantto keep the stock head unit but I was told the factory HU will decrease performance as i turn the volume up thats why i got the line converter LC2i it converts the speaker wire to RCA so that i can run an amp and it will resolve the level issue with the stock HU that converter will not do that it will just give me the option to hook up an amp directly.

but where i am stumped is the right rear speaker the wire colors are blue and green and i dont know what one is positive i know it works eaither way i just want to make sure i am not going to blow the speaker or w.e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts