Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Chevy impala with a 3.5l stock engine. The cross over pipe is broke and very noisy. The muffler is also loud.

I have read a little and thought about buying a cross over pipe and a resonator delete and then get a super 44 flow master muffler. Any suggestions? It’s not a performance car but I would like to get a better sound. This is my daily driver. 201,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
you can delete the resonator and be fine, but i wouldn't put a super 44 on it. it will be pretty obnoxious on a long trip i think. i had a resonator fail and just had them straight pipe it. it may have been slightly louder, but not much. just keep in mind a v-6 won't sound as great as a v-8 with a performance muffler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I am going to have some friends help straight pipe the resonator and as for the muffler .. they are cheap online. That’s an easy fix. I didn’t know how loud the super 44 would be.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ive always been a fan of this video for getting an idea of the different models of flow master (being that its an ebody Chrysler doesn’t hurt :).

I just installed a carven cat-back stainless 3 inch system on my Silverado and love it. Definitely do some research on youtube before buying a part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts