Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Impala LT, was wondering if anybody has bought a good pair of bolt on tips. Where did you order them from. Also hope the fill the void in the bumper better than stock pipe. What size would I need would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Check your local part store to test fit and if you don’t like it you can return it

That’s what I did. look my picture to get a idea

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Ebay..that's where I got mine and they are slanted. I got mine 30 for 2 of them so its a good deal. To fill in the gap will probably be a 3.5inch .so you will need 2.25 inlet and 3.5 outlet or watever you desire.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you can install them so the fastener or seam where it meets your pipe cannot be seen go for it. Otherwise, reconsider :)

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I would recommend having tips welded on by a muffler shop, shouldn't be over $50 for tips + instillation combined.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got 2 sets from ebay for my 06 and 08, then wife lost one (read "hit something"). The last set I got from a local auto parts store. Get stainless ones, the chrome is generally cheap, and will degrade quickly. The 08 has them in this picture, still need to install them on the 06....there still on the kitchen counter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Your Impalas look nice parked up side by side. :D

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Hello fellow michigander!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nice cars man.

·
Banned
667 Posts
I have a 2012 Impala LT, was wondering if anybody has bought a good pair of bolt on tips. Where did you order them from. Also hope the fill the void in the bumper better than stock pipe. What size would I need would be helpful.
I like the look of this one on this impala

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts