Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone kno where I can find some black exhaust tips? They will be for a corvette c5. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I plastidipped my stock SS tips black. Would work on a Vette too. :) Thing is, after I did it, I did not like the look and took it off. Also a nice thing about that stuff. I was skeptical about the tips being too hot for the dip, but no melting issues at all.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
black chrome is hot!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
black chrome is a spray on application, you take your chrome c5 tips and spray em with black chrome and they will look like the photo above..

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Ok, Impalers post blows away what I did with Plastidip. That black chrome is heaven. BUT, for 5 bucks and 5 minutes of time, those on a budget can still use Plastidip. If it was not going to take me more than 5 minutes to install, I would buy black chrome tips regardless of the cost. Seriously.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
re-read post #7, TSS

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Yeah, but where's the price? And how much prep is there?

PD is spray and play, so to speak.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Dupli-Color :: Shadow

you wipe everything down with a degreaser/cleaner then spray color, it's a basecoat/clearcoat application, so you can make it as light or dark as you want, then clear it. Comes 2 cans, one of each, in a box.

it's $17 and some change at advance autoparts, probably nearly the same at the other stores, didn't bother looking up the other websites..

I'm pretty sure I've seen other companies that sell it in one can, base/clear one stage paint cans.....don't know who they are so can't look em up for prices..

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dupli-Color :: Shadow

you wipe everything down with a degreaser/cleaner then spray color, it's a basecoat/clearcoat application, so you can make it as light or dark as you want, then clear it. Comes 2 cans, one of each, in a box.

it's $17 and some change at advance autoparts, probably nearly the same at the other stores, didn't bother looking up the other websites..

I'm pretty sure I've seen other companies that sell it in one can, base/clear one stage paint cans.....don't know who they are so can't look em up for prices..
Hmmm, thats pretty cool. I might try this with my stock exhaust. I hate the way it looks with the way the rest of my car looks.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
yeah I like it a lot. I don't like a lot of chrome, just a hint of glint as I like to say, and this is a nice alternative to just painting everything black!

·
Registered
913 Posts
this is a nice alternative to just painting everything black!
I was thinking the same thing. I was actually planning on having a friend powdercoat my new exhaust setup(when I get it) in black chrome. He showed me a set of rims he did a while back and fell in love with the color.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
black chrome is a spray on application, you take your chrome c5 tips and spray em with black chrome and they will look like the photo above..
Sounds like more than a five minute job to me. I strongly believe that the welded on tips would have to be removed to apply properly. Plastidip, not. But, I would consider paying a shop to do it.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I dont have a thing of chrome or any color on my car but black and figured some nice black chrome tips would be a nice touch to it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts