Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I’m new to this forum. I just recently bought my 2014 Impala Limited LTZ. I’m looking into getting exhausted tips for my car any recommendations? I’m slowly getting her beautify to me. 😀

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I previously purchased new 2008, 2011 and 2012 Impala LTZ models. On each one, I added chrome exhaust tips which were very nice and high quality. They were sold by the dealer as a GM accessory.

I’m not sure if they are still made, but you can do an internet search. I no longer have the part number (they came in a box of two tips).

If you buy them, the instructions say to cut off the end of the existing exhaust outlet. I did not do that on any of the three models I installed them on. They simply slipped on the existing exhaust outlet, and then were fastened with a high-quality stainless clamp (two were included with the kit).

I now own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ (new model).

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
^ Congrats and welcome! I installed stainless steel tips from Wallyworld (~$10/ea.) on my '12/'13 Impalas in 2013 and they still look good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look awesome. I’d definitely get those. Do they have universal ones? I definitely can’t cut my pipes 😢

·
Registered
68 Posts
Those look awesome. I’d definitely get those. Do they have universal ones? I definitely can’t cut my pipes 😢
Why cant you cut them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Little nervous to and don’t know how to.
Honestly all you really need is a hack saw. Nothing to be nervous about. Just make sure you measure before cutting. Or have a friend or someone who's a little more mechanically inclined help out

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Fwiw, with most tips you shouldn't have to cut the pipes. Just slide the tips over the pipes to the desired length/exposure. If necessary, just tap them on/over with a rubber hammer/mallet. Mine are flush with the bumper to avoid bangin' shins, lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I should have clarified in my post.

They didn't have to be cut, I just didn't like the appearance of the stock pipe being visible inside of the new tip.

If I had placed new tip on stock exhaust without cutting...stock pipe would have been extremely visible.

And if I adjusted, slid tip out to camouflage stock pipe....they definitely would not have fit flush.

Since they are clamp on they can easily be removed at a later date for a stock pipe trimming.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts