Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, is there a place that sells exhaust tops that will work with my 2016 lt? Because the exhaust faces the ground I was wondering if there anything out there that will work. (It’s very hard to find anything for this vehicle because of the confusion between the two models)

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are plenty of exhaust tips that will fit if you want them facing the ground still. If you are talking about straightening it out it would have to be done custom. This guy
had his exhaust done exactly like I want to do. Haven't found a good reliable place to do it yet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Depending on where they face down....maybe you could hack saw off the downward slant and add the straights to them.
It's way too close to the bumper on the downturns. The only way to do it would be as shown in the video above and notch the bumper. I would love to do this but have not found an exhaust shop that was willing to do the body work. They could cut the downturns and use a 2 bend "S" and get below the bumper but then you have to worry about clearance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely like 1&3 but I’m torn on what one I like better. 4 looks like the LTZ but 1 looks more custom. If I had to pick one I would go with 1! I would LOVE to get that one too!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I will still never understand Chevy's decision to only give the exhaust through the bumper look on the LTZ alone. Any model with the V6 should have this look. If I thought it was worth it I'd change out my entire bumper to the LTZ

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think the reasoning was because they wanted to give someone that paid more for the LTZ a noticeable difference in looks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think the reasoning was because they wanted to give someone that paid more for the LTZ a noticeable difference in looks.
You are likely 100% correct in that assessment. The older the LTZ's get the more often I see one with grimy carbon built up on the exhaust ports in the bumper, not a great look in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my rear bumper cover replaced from an accident and I wish I would have switched to the LTZ... forgot.
Talk to a body shop about modding your bumper cover- exhaust shops are too afraid you'll not like how they do it and then want them to buy you a new bumper cover.
Take careful measurements, cut the bumper cover- THEN take it to the exhaust shop and tell them to make it fit and they can make the tips fit in the holes.
Trimming the bumper cover is really easy, you just need to make damn sure you've thought out where the cuts need to be.
When I get my wife a new car and I get my Impala back from her- I'll be modding mine like #1 posted above.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Solution

I tried these. Not the greatest in the world, but I've grown to at least not hate them!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the unbridled support....lol These are the same ones that came on some of the last gen of Camaro Z28's.

I'll keep them on. I get just as many thumbs up as I do thumbs down. Needless to say, they're very polarizing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the unbridled support....lol These are the same ones that came on some of the last gen of Camaro Z28's.

I'll keep them on. I get just as many thumbs up as I do thumbs down. Needless to say, they're very polarizing.
Any thumbs up you get are out of pity. Some people are just too nice to tell you that your car looks like shit especially when you invested money for it to look that way. They stick out too far, and are square on a rounded rear end. They stick out like a sore thumb. We're trying to help you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts