Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I have a 2007 impala ss. I want to know which exhaust system brand is best to go with for my unpala? I thought borla had a exhaust system for my car but they don't. I was wanting the sound of their s type exhaust system. I've heard about flowmasters, but I wanna know from you guys which brand will be the best as in the complete exhaust system, not just mufflers?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
What exactly do you mean by exhaust system?
Headers,mid pipe, and catback or just a cat back?
I think only magnaflow makes a cat back for the car but you can put any mufflers you want on the car.

So get some borla mufflers and have an exhaust shop weld them on the car.
If you wanna redo the whole exhaust get some doug thorley headers and the borla mufflers.

Btw no exhaust is better than the other really when it comes to magnaflow, flowmaster, borla, ect. it just comes down to personal preference with the sound.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Actually Impaler posted in a thread awhile back that I can't recall which one... But it was detailing different mufflers performance levels by dyno tests, for the most part they were all pretty much the same, open exhaust had higher numbers, except for Borla, they actually had gains over the open exhaust. I don't know how they do it, but they are awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking for a catback exhaust, I want to go with borla so bad. Will the mufflers make a big difference than stock and the other exhaust systems?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O yea and if you ever find the video that you were talking about, please post it up for me if you don't mind

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Do a 3 inch cat back and dual Borla ATAKs :beer:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust on my car and it works well and is not too loud on your ears. It has held up well for the past 3 years against the salt from the roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts