Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this whole mods thing. Havent done any work to my car but I have a 2013 LT 3.6L dual exhaust. Want her to sound mean, what do you guys think of this setup? Good or bad, and if bad what would be best way to go? Flowmaster 40s, super 44s, or super 10s? Thanks for any response

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't care for it... I had a 2001 Grand Prix with SLP headers and catback... The drone got on my nerves. However, sound is subjective so what I think doesn't really matter. My advice to you would be to leave the factory resonator on when swap mufflers or do a catback. Then if you want more, yank the resonator. I just had a set of exhaust tips welded on my car and the guy that did them deals with Magnaflow and Flowmaster and he suggested a pair of Magnaflows because they sounded better... His opinion, not mine. I am not looking to do exhaust anytime soon. Hopefully some guys who have exhaust work done will chime in with their opinions.

Reactions: Aldeezy87

·
Registered
294 Posts
i say get the magnaflow catback and KEEP the resonator. I just now finished completing a full magnaflow system and i love it. Dont have to worry bout drone noise till i actually floor it. While i was at the exhaust shop getting my high flow magnaflow cats installed, a guy came in with a lexus is350 with flowmasters and i think he did a res delete. He complain the noise while driving was unbearable and he wanted the flowmasters removed. He then left before getting the problem resolved. The car sounded nice when he pulled off up the street but the inside noise was a problem. If he wouldve kept the resonator he wouldve been fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought an 09 that has a sweet sounding duel exhaust system. It was dark when I finally got down and looked at the set up,unfortunately the mufflers dont say anything on them but look well constructed. For me,I think it sounds pretty mean,but everyone has their own opinion of what sounds good. For some reason they put extremely long tail pipes on it so I'm going to fix that,plus the chrome on the tips have rust ill have to deal with.maybe chrome polish?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just bought an 09 that has a sweet sounding duel exhaust system. It was dark when I finally got down and looked at the set up,unfortunately the mufflers dont say anything on them but look well constructed. For me,I think it sounds pretty mean,but everyone has their own opinion of what sounds good. For some reason they put extremely long tail pipes on it so I'm going to fix that,plus the chrome on the tips have rust ill have to deal with.maybe chrome polish?
maybe they did the long tips to get the soot from the exhaust past the rear bumper?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.