Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.4 Impala. And I was also lookin at my grand prix GT. Being that they are W-bodys would duals off a GT or an SS bolt up to the cat back on my Impala. I didnt want to take it all off and see, i just wanted to know out of curiosity. I know where a parts car is with a dual setup and was super interested in it.
I know that cause i have single i would need to buy another exhaust hanger for the other side. Im just curious about the cat back.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
short answer yes
the hangers should be there, you may need to add some on the drivers side exit most exh shops will do it cheap
IIRC the GT dual exh is 2.25", not sure what the 3.4 was but im pretty sure its the same, the SS may be 2.5"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my GT had factory 2.5 cause i cut cat and u bend out and welded a 2.5 tube in place and it seemed to be 2.5 alll the way to the y pipe at the end, if i remember those tubes were 1 7/8's. I asked this question on grandprixforums and they said they werent for sure. I just need to know if they bolt to the cat or not, i know it all hangs the same.

·
Banned
351 Posts
I do not know for a fact, but I would be surprised if the exhaust system is bent the same way. There may be different angles and such.

THe new impalas are 2.25", Im not sure about the 7th gens

·
Registered
375 Posts
7th gens are 2.25"(crush-bent) stock and 2.5"(mandrel-bent) for GMPP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts