Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,439 Posts
Actually, since the 8th gen SS's actually had V8's, you could probably put an LS4 into the 2013 easily - although I have no idea how hard it would be to make it work properly with the 6-speed trans (both physically and tuning).

I'm sure it would be cost-prohibitive too. And you really wouldn't be gaining *that* much over the 3.6L V6 (same HP as the LS4 V8 - but less torque).

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
12,439 Posts
Correction: you'd be gaining a freaking 5.3L V8 and all the giggles that go along with it! it would giggles per gallon and smiles for miles for sure. LOL

Worth it!!! IMO
All depends on what you're looking for, I guess. Personally, I don't think that the "V8 rumble" and extra torque outweigh the increased gas mileage, 6-speeds trans performance, 6-speed trans longevity, newer car overall and lower cost of the 3.6L version. But again, it all depends what you are looking for I guess.

To me, the 3.6L has more than enough power and I typically like quiet, comfortable cars for a daily-driver. Some prefer cars with a loud exhaust, hard "sport" handling and more torque off the line. So which is "better" is subjective. :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.