1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
just to bad it wont sell to the public, have to wait to buy it used from cop auctions
Might hope to be able to buy from a auction, I have seen where limited special vehicles like these are destroyed after their service life, just to keep them out of the publics hand.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I agree. It sounds like a badass right, but it just doesn't have me drooling like a 94-96 Caprice 9C1. Maybe it just needs to be in a dark blue, or bright red. :eek:k3:

Give it a year of police use, they will bring it out for the public. If they are not allowed to be sold to the public afterwards, that will kill the car for GM. No police agency wants to pay that much for a car, and then not be able to resell it in 3 years after they beat the crap out of it. If GM bought them back at a fair value, they would just be losing money on this venture. I feel that is a big reason behind why Carbon's E7 will fail.

·
Impala Fanatic
1,261 Posts
It's already April, 2010 and I'm guessing we're going to get some clarification on this soon cause it's not making much sense. How could this possibly make any sense for a police agency to commit to this car when they can do the Charger or keep the Crown Vics?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
As big in sales? I think it will, it is a whole special issue, outfitted for police. So, vinyl seating and flooring and custom deck & etc. will be standard. This allows for a cheaper cost to Gov. saves on middle man outfitters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
atleast it is rear wheel drive

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My buddy works for the NJ State Police and he got to see one in person the other week. He said they are huge, much bigger than you expect from the pics. I think the wheelbase is longer than the older chevy tahoe???

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
LOL, yeah after you re-sleeve the head when the 4.6 throws up and looses a spark plug with threads attached. We have the $1000 tool that Ford wont tell you about:yahoo:

To me it looks like a cross between the 2000+ impala and a rear from a g8. Just not cool. Even the videos I posted do not help it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I finally saw the new Taurus last night. Just another Camry knockoff IMO. Not bad, just not much character. It was bigger than I had anticipated.
But then again... has the Ford Taurus ever had "character?"

I mean to be honest I like the looks of the new Taurus... just not enough to justify the cost.

But back to the Caprice... I think I will have to wait till I see one one the road until I can really tell if I like it or not... I certainly like the idea of it, but they have more work to do before it can be police fleet worthy... the window switches are on the center console, which wont leave many options for equipment setup. Where is the shifter located?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
But then again... has the Ford Taurus ever had "character?"

I mean to be honest I like the looks of the new Taurus... just not enough to justify the cost.

But back to the Caprice... I think I will have to wait till I see one one the road until I can really tell if I like it or not... I certainly like the idea of it, but they have more work to do before it can be police fleet worthy... the window switches are on the center console, which wont leave many options for equipment setup. Where is the shifter located?
Looks: definitely alot better than before, and alot better than a ricer! Anyway, price is mostly because of new tooling, higher price, and the major performance upgrade. Take note: The SHO V6, gets 365 HP.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts