Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a ton of ex police cars and never had a problem hooking up the rear doors so they open from the inside. I just bought a 2008 Impala straight from the auction, and I can't figure out how to hook the rear doors up to open from the inside. Apparantly there's a cable now that runs from the inside door handle to the latch. That cable is hooked up, and the child safety lock is disabled. What is the secret to getting them to work? Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
On my 2007 I had to hook up the cable inside the door panel. It was in there but disconnected. Check both sides, the handle and the latch. While you are in there you can unbend the rear lock rod and pull it up as well. It's in there just bent over. It's funny Chevy charges these guys NOT to hook up the rear doors at the factory. The only fix I have found for the dome light is to have the body computer reprogrammed and you also have to buy the program for like $90 from GM. That plus an hour labor, I said no thanks. I did buy new rear lock pulls from the parts counter for something like $15. They came with new rods but I just threaded them on the old rods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 2007 I had to hook up the cable inside the door panel. It was in there but disconnected. Check both sides, the handle and the latch. While you are in there you can unbend the rear lock rod and pull it up as well. It's in there just bent over. It's funny Chevy charges these guys NOT to hook up the rear doors at the factory. The only fix I have found for the dome light is to have the body computer reprogrammed and you also have to buy the program for like $90 from GM. That plus an hour labor, I said no thanks. I did buy new rear lock pulls from the parts counter for something like $15. They came with new rods but I just threaded them on the old rods.
Thanks. The cable was hooked into the handle, but I can't see it in the latch. I might have to unbolt the latch to check it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Impala with a police cruiser that I hooked up the rear door lock rods today. To do it right you need to remove the to relax with the actuator. You also need to take the screw holding the window track to the door out to make it so you can move the actuator out, to connect the door rod to it. Then you have to reinstall the door latch/actuator and door panel. I actually figured this out by watching a video on YouTube. It was about removing the the rear door lock actuator. This gave me enough information to hook up the lock rods. The only problem, is that I had to keep pausing the video to see exactly how the yellow clip held and disconnected from the outer handle lock rod. I actually made a video to show this today, but don’t know how to edit it to post it online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts