Impala Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's awesome, Kate! Super killer job!
Did you get all your dip supplies from DYC?

That chameleon effect is spot on...
Thanks a lot! Actually no, I bought unthinned dip from awarehousefull.com and thinned it myself (it was cheaper). Bought the pearl from pearlsandpigments.com. When I ran out and bought more pigment for my second time around I went through DYC since they've teamed up with P&P. Everything else I got at Lowes, and I already had a paint gun so I didn't need to purchase one.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Been here just looking around :) ... we have a 10" sub in her car now but not much else. I think she can get them but i will make sure tonight for you. :beer:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
so I plasti dipped the back of my phone, the battery door. so I could get a rubbery feel and non slip type deal. ill see how it holds up with being taken in and out of my pocket. maybe I found another use for this. all my old phones had the rubbery back to them and ive always liked that

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Doubt it will hold up to the pocket test. You could use the plasti-dip primer though, which makes it a permanent bond, yet still gives you the rubberized texture.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Does plastidip come in gunmetal or chrome?

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Gunmetal, yes. Chrome, no.

Reactions: Dave_N

·
Registered
48 Posts
I chose to debadge my Impala vs plastidip (did remove & spray imterior wood grain panels then trimmed in chrome)but murdered out my Tahoe from bumpers, moldings, wheels, grill strip, badges etc (same on my yota).
I resisted the dip until I tested it out (applied/removed), now I'm a dip-head with Plasti-dip sprayer & compressor lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Note: Tahoe (4x4) wheels dip job looked same as day I sprayed them when I removed it over yr later (mind you this no pavement princess Tahoe). Wheels were still mint underneath w/no adverse effects from being dipped that long.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts