Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A vendor (Diode Dynamics) that I've used for LED "bulbs" in the past has an AWESOME "bible" of automotive lighting information... Everything from different types of LEDs to different types of Angel Eyes to HID information. It's a great resource on everything related to automotive lighting!

Research

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, hoping these guys are as good as you and pretty much everyone else says they are! Just ordered some bulbs to start my transfer over to LED lighting in the car. Going to do it bit by bit...

Seem to have great, upfront info. Thanks for sharing that link.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, even though the LED bulbs didn't work out for me (in my very dark tinted tails), that was more of an issue related to using LED bulbs in an enclosure not designed for LED bulbs (and also because of how dark my tinted tails are) - not because of the quality of their products.

The company, their products, their warranty and their return policy are really good - they are very well respected in the industry.

Hope your project works out - looking forward to seeing the details about the project after it's finished!

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Good info, thread stuck :eek:k3:

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Regardless of brand I haven't seen or heard of any LED bulbs that are good for low/high beam usage. Due to it being a relatively new system and the fact that the light output and focus sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
One thing Diode Dynamics said is the LED is good for everything except headlights and fog lights. Stick with halogen or go HID. So, I am down to LED for all exterior lights except headlights and fogs. Still running Silverstar Ultras in there.

Sent from space on my com link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts