Impala Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 impala lt with a 3.5 v6. I have had an issue with this car since day one of buying it. I was a gm technician before I switched careers and this is still not fixed. every time i go to get gas i start pumping and lock the handle. within 30 seconds you can hear gas gurgling in the fill neck and then the pump shuts off. i have no codes stored in the car and i have checked the evap system to ensure it seals and vents. i have access to a scan tool with bi-directional control and have tested the vent solenoid. i can however disconnect the vent solenoid hose that runs from the charcoal canister to the solenoid and get gas and have no issue. i have also been able to disconnect the vent line running to the top of the filler neck that runs from the top of the tank. i have blown the line that runs from the tank to the filler neck out multiple times and it still continues to happen. I have disconnected the line labeled 8 in the and the line labeled 4 in the second diagram and was able to get gas fine. is there anyone else who has dealt with this issue before? i have also checked for restrictions in the filler neck as well as the hose from the neck to the tank. its completely clear.

thanks for any help.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts