Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
$114k? Thats a bargain! An escalade at full trim level already can run you $100k. With all the crap they did to it, thats amazing. My only beef is the subs are done really cheezy, I mean I'm sure Q-forms makes a box nicer than that they could have used if they were too lazy to do a nice custom job.

·
Registered
465 Posts
hmmm over glorified S/C Tahoe....$114K nah i'll pass rather have more fun with a 6.0L 2500 suburan with a whipple charger

·
Registered
913 Posts
hmmm over glorified S/C Tahoe....$114K nah i'll pass rather have more fun with a 6.0L 2500 suburan with a whipple charger
You might, but it won't ride anywhere near as nice as that Escalade will. Not to mention those seats probably feel like warm butter!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
465 Posts
You might, but it won't ride anywhere near as nice as that Escalade will. Not to mention those seats probably feel like warm butter!!:biggrin:
even if i bought that after winning the lottery it would be treated like a SUV/Truck. and to me trucks aren't supposed to ride "nice" they are for pulling, mudding, and off roading. All of which that would do in my possession. Doll it up all ya want it's still an SUV/Truck

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What exactly is the difference in suspension between the escalade and the suburban? They are the same thing, why would they ride any different?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
What exactly is the difference in suspension between the escalade and the suburban? They are the same thing, why would they ride any different?
Lade = MRC, Magnetic Ride Control.

Burb = Autoride.

They ride different.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Finally opened the link - that thing is cool. Price is fair too - 5 yr/100K powertrain including Supercharger, 147 more HP than stock, custom, interior features and hood. It is unique, fast and new. If I had 113K to blow on a vehicle, I would consider it. Much cooler than a Cayenne or Range Rover IMO.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Finally opened the link - that thing is cool. Price is fair too - 5 yr/100K powertrain including Supercharger, 147 more HP than stock, custom, interior features and hood. It is unique, fast and new. If I had 113K to blow on a vehicle, I would consider it. Much cooler than a Cayenne or Range Rover IMO.
oh hell yea i HATE the cayenne and when i think range rover i think of rich preppy high school kids :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope more the Chicago suburbs type (Old stomping grounds) lol

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Not exactly the Racine Prom crowd, huh....
haha well when i think of a range rover, i picture someone who would buy it to say that they have a sweet off-roading vehicle, but then never take it off the pavement. And to me that logic stems from that of a the earlier mentioned high schooler

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^No. Well, kind of. I had an 01 Tahoe LT with Autoride. It rode much better than Tahoes wothout Autoride. About a $1500.00 option as I recall in 01. They did not offer MRC in the Escalade in 2007 when I ordered mine, so I did not have it. It definitely rode better than a Tahoe though. I had an 06 SRX V8 AWD with MRC though and loved it (the MRC, not the SRX as a whole). I have since been in 09+ Escalades with MRC and trust me, they don't ride like Burbs with Autoride.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts