Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people!!! i was asking if i can use syntetic oil on my impala 2002 3.4 V6, and the coments said theres not problems... But today when i check the level of the oil on my car the level just arrived to the first hole of the gauge!!! so i was thinking the castrol syntetic 5w-30 is not good for my impala, i dont want think this is normal or my engine is waste and i couldnt see any liquing on my engine... so its normal my engine waste quickly syntetic oil than the convensional? do you think the syntetic oil its appropriate for my car?
Tahnks every one for the ad!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no no leaking, the engine burn the oil i think!!! i was using castrol gtx no syntetic and i havent this problem may be i have to return to use that kind of oil.. what do u think?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
as long as it is the same weight oil it shouldnt be any different, unless you had that much sludge in your engine that it was acting like Barsleak... you need to look into WHY you're missing the oil, your car is telling you something is wrong...

·
Banned
117 Posts
My moneys on its leaking out somewere.GM motors have not really been known for consuming oil.If it was a Ford i'd say yeah lol.

I have had several GM's and not one of which have ever consumed oil,even with crazy miles on them.One thing i have noted GM for is shitty gaskets though.

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
As I said on another forum, my wife's 03 3.4l recently began consuming some oil.

I am trying http://auto-rx.com/ as a cure. If the problem is dirty rings or valveseals this stuff is the cure. Is NOT the expensive kerosene or diesel fuel flush sold in stores. This is an actual functional product so it can't get enough main stream support to be sold in stores.

I have used it on my LT1s in the past and it genuinely does work at cleaning things.

Will be a couple months before I know how it worked on the wife's car, I should have done a compression test before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts