Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just trying to figure out whats going on with my car. It is a 95 SS and under no load it does not miss, however when under load basically acceleration it misses, also while i am cruising above 45 and up mph when the tcc is applied and steady speed i can feel it miss. I replaced the opti and cap and rotor last year in sept, I did a balance test they all came out within 2% of each other. wires are new, I am not at witts end but it is starting to really challenge my thoughts, I am going to put a new fuel filter on because it hasnt been changed since i bought the car so it cannot hurt to do it. I am thinking maybe the coil is starting to go, the car has 122,000 on it and it looks original. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just trying to figure out whats going on with my car. It is a 95 SS and under no load it does not miss, however when under load basically acceleration it misses, also while i am cruising above 45 and up mph when the tcc is applied and steady speed i can feel it miss. I replaced the opti and cap and rotor last year in sept, I did a balance test they all came out within 2% of each other. wires are new, I am not at witts end but it is starting to really challenge my thoughts, I am going to put a new fuel filter on because it hasnt been changed since i bought the car so it cannot hurt to do it. I am thinking maybe the coil is starting to go, the car has 122,000 on it and it looks original. Any good ideas would be appreciated.
I'm no expert, but a coil and fuel filter sound like a good idea. CEL at all?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no SES light at all no codes nothing i was at my buddies shop tonight or this fine early morning in illinois fwiw and noticed that my reasonably new plugs were arcing soooo i am gonna do a new round of plugs and that "should" take care of the problem.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yor plug's are arcing? or your wires, plug's don't arc unless they are cracked. Check your fuel pressure. Mine had a high rpm miss for about a year, I just put a new fuel pump in as a pressure check showed anything from 35lbs at idle to 10lbs at 3000rpm. I have to put the tank back in in about 3 hrs. I quit at dark last night.

·
Registered
71 Posts
there is a few things here that can be wrong, that should be checked out...

1. Arching plug wires... any cracks, tears in the wire?? any wires touching any headers if you have them??

2. MAS - ( Mass Air Flow Censor ) could be bad....
P.S. MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING FROM THE MASS AIR CENSOR, TO THE THROTTLE BODY IS TIGHT!!!

3. Fuel Filter clogged..

4. Opti Spark - Just because u changed it months ago, doesnt mean its good
Im hoping that it wasn't an MSD Opti...

5. Any Vacum lines cut or disconnected?

6. Put it up to any OBD 1 scanner... are you getting any codes??

7. Cat Converters could be bad too...

8. the 2 O2 censors...

there are a few other things i would check out but i cant think real good.... its 3 am here in Philly... haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts