Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Chevy impala ss 5.3L

Had rear main gasket replaced cause of a leak..
Ever since then car has been shuddering apon take off and engine will stall out at random times first Chevy dealer said throttle body and maf. They cleaned those then they said fuel injectors cleaned those then finally they replaced my crankshaft positon sensor and the pigtail wiring with it. And still same problems stalling and shuddering. I've ran out of ideas of what else could be wrong and so have they.. no codes show up or check engine light.

When car stalls lights stay on just losing power to engine and can't steer the power steering goes out like.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Have you checked your fuel pressure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea well I ran a flight recorder thing on it for a week and all came back ok. Except for my crankshaft position sensor which they replaced along with the wiring that goes with it. Said to me that sensor fell so that was the cause... But two days after replacing it its doing same thing

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I have a 2006 Chevy impala ss 5.3L

Had rear main gasket replaced cause of a leak..
Ever since then car has been shuddering apon take off and engine will stall out at random times first Chevy dealer said throttle body and maf. They cleaned those then they said fuel injectors cleaned those then finally they replaced my crankshaft positon sensor and the pigtail wiring with it. And still same problems stalling and shuddering. I've ran out of ideas of what else could be wrong and so have they.. no codes show up or check engine light.

When car stalls lights stay on just losing power to engine and can't steer the power steering goes out like.
xbsx1,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Impala vehicle. Was your dealer able to resolve this issue or is it still occurring.

I would be happy to look into this further for you. If you would like me to do so, please PM me the following: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis (assisting Katie)
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I was wondering if the Chevy customer service people would add to this thread, because it sure sounds like a dealer charging people $$$ & not fixing the issue. I would take it back and let them know you are not happy with the work, diag, & the results...ASE certification = better at guessing than most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts