Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 caprice and when i turn da windshield wipers on my car cuts off and when i cut da a/c on it does tha same thang can anyone help me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it charging?
Put a volt meter on the battery, it should be in the
13.5-14.5 volt range (car running).
Watch the meter from in the car and turn something on.
The battery should still be in the 13.5-14.5 volt range.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Over on the passenger side, near DA :)rolleyes:) hood hinge, there is a black box. It's a relay box. There's a stud, with a battery cable coming off of it. Check that cable end/stud for corrosion, tightness, and basically treat it as you would a standard ole positive or negative battery cable end. Mine does what you describe every few months, and that is usually the culprit. If it still persists, I'm not of much help..

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Make sure that stud is copper, if not there is a fix for that....unless you don't care about the car burning up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Holy crap people.

We are no longer charged by the character. Can we -please- at least -attempt- to communicate in english and not txt spk?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Me want for make thread back topic on. Der, how dat?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Great, for losers who can't read aramaic...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, back on topic. I'd be looking at an electrical problem. Maybe a wiper motor wire is grounding out and screwing things up. And perhaps maybe even a problem with the AC compressor. Maybe it's seizing up and stopping the engine?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Actually, he hasn't posted on this thread in awhile, maybe he got it fixed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts