Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
If you don't want to drive it, I'd recommend getting a bluetooth OBD-II device and using the Torque Pro app to read and/or reset the codes (the Torque app does A LOT more than that though).

You can get a bluetooth OBD-II device for about $15-$25. That is assuming that you have an android device that also supports bluetooth.

If not, you can always just oder a "regular" cabled code-reader and it will read the codes. But it will cost you a little more and won't have anywhere near the functionality of the Torque Pro app...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm actually having the vehicle towed by AAA to a Chevrlet Dealer Service Center tomorrow morning. I sent the service manager an e-mail descrbing the issues I'm having with the car. I really want to sincerely thank you jtrosky and all of the others in this forum who have shared their issues such as mine. Along with how to resolve the issues of "drive by wire" vehicles and sensors or whatever else vehicles have on them now. I plan to keep in touch and stay updated with this forum. I have only had the car for about 2 years now and bought it used with about 96K on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Impalas

hey I was wondering if replacing the throttle body took care of the service stabilitrak and traction control lights and reduced engine power??? same thing is happening with my 2011 impala... I replaced the pedal sensor first.. Now im waiting for throttle body to replace that.. I just don't want all lights coming on again after I replace everything..let me know... thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2011 Impala. You should report it to Safercar.gov. If enough people complain, maybe GM will be forced to fix it. Hundreds, if not thousands, of others have the same thing going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!!! I'm really hoping to get some guidance with the problem I'm having with my 2010 Chevy Impala LS....yesterday morning I went out to go to work and the car started fine...I let it sit for a few minutes to warm up (it was 10 degrees at my house)...when I put the car in drive it immediately started flashing and dinging at me. The message that I received was "service stabilitrak" and "reduced engine power" my car would not go above 15 mph. I drove it to my neighbors driveway and turned around...I parked the car at my house and called work to let them know. I sat in the car for a few minutes and decided to try to start it again and see if maybe it reset itself...surprisingly it did and I drove to work with no problems. When I left work it did the same thing...I let it warm up and then reset it and it was fine...I took it to advanced auto parts and the code that is showing are P2135...I then took it to Mr. Tire to see what is involved in fixing it...they told me that they would have to take out my whole transmission to fix it, which is a 13 hour job and I was looking at $1500...I have tried to do some research on it and it looks like it is something that my brother in law or my boyfriend could do...it doesn't look like you have to touch my transmission....please help...I am not trying to pay $1500 if it is something that I can buy a case of beer and have my brother in law do it...any advise is welcomed....thanks in advanced :)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Hey guys!!! I'm really hoping to get some guidance with the problem I'm having with my 2010 Chevy Impala LS....yesterday morning I went out to go to work and the car started fine...I let it sit for a few minutes to warm up (it was 10 degrees at my house)...when I put the car in drive it immediately started flashing and dinging at me. The message that I received was "service stabilitrak" and "reduced engine power" my car would not go above 15 mph. I drove it to my neighbors driveway and turned around...I parked the car at my house and called work to let them know. I sat in the car for a few minutes and decided to try to start it again and see if maybe it reset itself...surprisingly it did and I drove to work with no problems. When I left work it did the same thing...I let it warm up and then reset it and it was fine...I took it to advanced auto parts and the code that is showing are P2135...I then took it to Mr. Tire to see what is involved in fixing it...they told me that they would have to take out my whole transmission to fix it, which is a 13 hour job and I was looking at $1500...I have tried to do some research on it and it looks like it is something that my brother in law or my boyfriend could do...it doesn't look like you have to touch my transmission....please help...I am not trying to pay $1500 if it is something that I can buy a case of beer and have my brother in law do it...any advise is welcomed....thanks in advanced :)
You would be better of to start a new thread in the Mechanical and Electrical Problems.
If you read up in your owners manual it will say what happens with service stabilatrak page 5-5
ESC may also turn off automatically if it determines

that a problem exists with the system. The SERVICE

STABILITRAK message and the ESC/TCS light will be

on solid to warn the driver that ESC is disabled and

requires service. If the problem does not clear after

restarting the vehicle, you should see your dealer

for service. See DIC Warnings and Messages on

page 444 for more information.

Adding nondealer/nonretailer accessories can affect

your vehicle's performance. See Accessories and

Modifications on page 63 for more information.
A word of advise GM good wrench service is there to help you. MR. Tire might be ok for tires.

G

·
Hey guys,
It seems this is a common problem.I have a 2007 Impala LT with about 107,000 miles. (All highway driving). Out of no where, while driving, the display says "Engine Power Reduced" and then switches to "Service Traction Control". Then just like everyone has stated, I have limited power, the check engine light comes on and so does the traction control light. I can drive the car to where I am going, but no acceleration. I shut the car off and a few hours later after I start it again, only the check engine light is still on, but no more messages and the car runs fine. About a day or two later when I start the car even the check engine light is off. No problems or messages, car runs fine. About a week of driving goes by and the whole thing happens all over again at some random time, then clears itself again.
Any advice to what the problem/fix would be? Also, if I go to the dealer and the lights are off with no messages, can they diagnose the problem? Is there a memory in the computer for past codes or does it have to be actually happening? Thanks for any help/advice.
I really prefer a big block with no computer and a carburetor!
I had the same problem with my 08 Impala LT. I took it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't replicate the problem, so they went ahead and swapped out some sensors. I don't know which ones specifically, but I know that it deals with traction control. Well two years later, the problem has resurfaced. I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow to get this problem solved once and for all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2009 Impala is doing the same thing. It also says it is disabling the throttle and then just cuts off. Did it in the middle of rush hour in Washington DC. Good thing I had enough sense to put on the hazards as soon as it would not allow me to press the gas! Did you ever find out the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Chevy Pmpala Codes P2135 P2176 P1516 P2101

Hello I have a 2006 Chevy Impala which keeps cutting off on me saying engine power reduced starting disabled service throttle and I keep getting the codes p2135 p2176 p1516 and p2101 now I've taken my car to a shop called butler automotive and they said that they've changed the throttle twice that they also replaced a wire that is associated with the throttle but what I am not understanding is why I am continuously having the same problem please help me :gaah:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Can you elaborate on what they replaced? Was it the throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) or something else? "Throttle" doesn't really describe what they replaced.

I could have sworn that someone else had this issue and they had to replace the actual gas pedal, which contains sensors that tell the throttle body how far to open based on gas pedal position...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The Engine Control Module (ECM) is the control center for the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. The ECM determines the drivers intent and then calculates the appropriate throttle response. The ECM achieves throttle positioning by providing a pulse width modulated voltage to the TAC motor. The TAC system uses the following circuits for Motor control 1 and Motor control 2.
Two processors are also used to monitor the TAC system data. Both processors are located within the ECM. Both processors monitor each other's data to verify that the indicated throttle position is correct.
Possible causes
- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module circuit poor
9 times out of 10 Throttle Actuator Control (at the foot feed is bad or the connection to it.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Bud54 just had to replace his after having some of the issues stated above!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing happen my 03 impala 3400 loss power but a grinding noise comming from the transmission it has 150,000 miles on it while in gear it kicks like it trying to go into gear when you put it in gear it don't kick like it's in gear it's a lot less of a kick than before please I need help I travel 35 miles to work I'm afraid it loss power like before and break down and it's my first chevy and if inside tranny how to igo about it thanks for any feedback I really appreciate it.thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi this is my first post to the forum and I only signed up to tell you guys this. Last week i received in the mail a letter from chevy saying my 2009 impala may have a problem with the throttle positioning sensor. It said not to bring it to the dealership unless there is a problem with the vehicle such as the malfunction indicator lamp and reduced power messages appear. This service has been added to the original 10 year 120,000 mile warranty. Of course I promptly forgot everything the letter said until today Christmas Eve while I was driving my wife to work all those wonderful lights came on. If I have any problems with the warranty issues I will let you guys know.

If you had already had the problem the letter also had attached a reimbursement request form for those who have already gone through all this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reduced engine power-service traction system

Hey guys,
It seems this is a common problem.I have a 2007 Impala LT with about 107,000 miles. (All highway driving). Out of no where, while driving, the display says "Engine Power Reduced" and then switches to "Service Traction Control". Then just like everyone has stated, I have limited power, the check engine light comes on and so does the traction control light. I can drive the car to where I am going, but no acceleration. I shut the car off and a few hours later after I start it again, only the check engine light is still on, but no more messages and the car runs fine. About a day or two later when I start the car even the check engine light is off. No problems or messages, car runs fine. About a week of driving goes by and the whole thing happens all over again at some random time, then clears itself again.
Any advice to what the problem/fix would be? Also, if I go to the dealer and the lights are off with no messages, can they diagnose the problem? Is there a memory in the computer for past codes or does it have to be actually happening? Thanks for any help/advice.
I really prefer a big block with no computer and a carburetor!
FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM - MY HUSBAND ADDS "CHEVRON TECHRON", which he buys at the local auto supply store. It fixes the problem immediately. I spoke with mechanics everywhere who are still trying to solve this problem and people everywhere who have paid thousands of dollars for repairs. Someone told us it was the deposits from the gasoline we use that build up and cause these Warning Lights and decreased engine power. Hope it helps you like it helped us!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got a used 2011 Chevy impala LT. 91000 miles. Just a few days ago the engine light popped on. then it said service traction control, service Stabilitrak and engine power reduced. I've taken it to Autozone and it popped up code p2122. does this have anything to do with my traction control?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I recently got a used 2011 Chevy impala LT. 91000 miles. Just a few days ago the engine light popped on. then it said service traction control, service Stabilitrak and engine power reduced. I've taken it to Autozone and it popped up code p2122. does this have anything to do with my traction control?
P2122 is for the throttle position sensor. If that is not working correctly, then the engine will go to some sort of "limp mode". In that debilitated mode, the traction control and Stabilitrak are disabled (presumably because they require a perfectly functioning throttle position sensor).

Besides a bad TPS, this could be a loose wire, or a bad connection. That is, the diagnosis needs to be completed before replacing any parts.

Doug

21 - 40 of 56 Posts