Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am searching for any expertise regarding my 2008 Chevy Impala. It has been a great car for many years now. My engine light came on 2 days ago, and I read through the manual. I tightened the gas cap.....no change. I went through a puddle last week, but it should have dried out by now. Any suggestions on common problems with the 2008 Chevy Impala?
Thank you, in advance, for any help offered.
Sincerely,
lfarrell

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Hello!
I am searching for any expertise regarding my 2008 Chevy Impala. It has been a great car for many years now. My engine light came on 2 days ago, and I read through the manual. I tightened the gas cap.....no change. I went through a puddle last week, but it should have dried out by now. Any suggestions on common problems with the 2008 Chevy Impala?
You need to start with getting the code(s) read. Most auto parts stores can do this for free. With the code(s), you can google its meaning as well as posting it here for advice.

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Doug,
Thank you for the tip. I had my 2008 Chevy Impala checked like you suggested. The engine light has been on. Apparently, it is an "EVAP" code. I was told I could drive around unless the light was blinking. I was wondering if you, or anyone else knew all of the possible "EVAP" problems it could possibly be? Thank you for your help!
lfarrell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for letting me know that AutoZone will code it. Just an fyi...AutoZone no longer codes cars; however, I was able to get it done free at another place. The name escapes me right now, but I will post it later. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all of the wonderful advice! It is greatly appreciated!!!
I had my 2008 Chevy Impala's engine light checked (code). I was told it was an "EVAP" code. I was also told there are many different causes. Would anyone be able to share those causes for an evap issue? Thank you in advance.
lfarrell

·
Super Moderator
10,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Yes there are a number of things. Gas Cap, tank purge valve and vent purge solenoid under the hood.

Use the search function within the 8th generation forum and there are a number of posts in there to do with EVAP problems and caps, valves and solenoids. The tank valve is a known problem and just because the gas cap is tight don't mean its good.

·
Super Moderator
18,443 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :beer:

We could use some pics of the ride....:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts