Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 impala is posting OBD code p0106. It is not illuminating the CEL but I checked it for codes after having a problem. The problem is sometimes when I start the car the idle is very rough. Sometimes the car will stall. If I turn the ignition off and restart the car it runs fine and does not have any problems. It is a occasional problem and most of the time does not occur when starting. It did it to me two times in a row today but the third time started and ran good. While checking the code with my OBD reader today I checked live data. The ambient temperature reading was jumping between 50 (actual temperature) and -40 to -7 to 50. Is the MAP sensor what sends the ambient temp reading to the ECU? I am thinking I need to replace the MAP sensor. I checked the wires and plug at the sensor and they look good. Looking for advice.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
P0106 indicates a MAP sensor circuit range/performance problem. If wires/plug look good, I'd replace the sensor.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
^ jso2378, I just checked Rockauto.com. MAP sensors run from ~$17-$40. AC Delco one is $19.14. They also sell the connectors. 5% off discount code: 161785561147947145 good 'til 3-7-21.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If you order from RA or online, may try unplugging and spraying both ends with elec. contact cleaner and then slathering each end with a 'lil dielectric grease while waiting for your order. Iirc, the Standard elec. connector pigtail is $3.74 if needed. By the way, where's the MAP sensor located on the '13? Haven't had the need to look for/locate mine, lol. I've cleaned the MAF sensor though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swapped it with the one from my 2014 since my 13 is the one I drive. So far it solved the problem. If it continues to run good will buy a new one for my 2014.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the MAP sensor must have been my problem. Since I swapped it out the problem has disappeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts